How to double click or is there a short cut to expand filter icon in excel in Automation Anywhere

Russygrl

Hey guys I'm using AA and I'm trying to click on the filter icon in a cell. Object cloning doesn't work, I figured that by double clicking on the cell I could get the dropdown to expand but I can't get Insert Mouse Clicks to work either. Is there a short cut that will allow me to expand, I've searched but I couldn't find any. Additionally, how do I keep the selection box open so I can spy it and make a selection if necessary.
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Russygrl

View attachment DClick.PNG

Attachments

• DClick.PNG
    1.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Russygrl

Hey VJR thanks for your reply!!! Yea I had tried Alt + Down Arrow just forgot to mention it. Additionally, I also added a loop for down arrow on the next line so that the mouse could move down to the search bar in the menu. So here is what would happen, when the bot ran, the Alt + Down Arrow action would not take effect but when I ran the action just from the line, it would open the drop down menu and when the down arrow would kick in, the menu would close and the mouse would simply move down the rows. The article you referenced gave a great tip which I used, Alt + Down Arrow + E which when opened and jumps straight to the search box. When I send it the value I want to sort by, the menu disappears. In the attached I have the code snippet I used to send the key strokes and the menu which I need to uncheck the 'x' box.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• filter1.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 18
  • filter.png
    13 KB · Views: 10

VJR

Hi Russygrl,

That has been my observation too while interacting with Excel. The arrow keys go down each cell rather than inside the filter menu. I guess that's the way AA interacts with it.
The only option I can suggest you is to do a trial and error and see what works.

Maybe something like going to the Equals menu and typing 'x' if that's possible....or find some other kind of backdoor entry.

View attachment 1540407769428.png

Also see if you can get this bot from the store where a Logic called as Filter Data is seen in the screenshots.
https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/excel-operations/