Solved How to execute high Priority Queue items First

venugopalreddy

I Have A Scenario,

I Have The Excel Document. In That Document i have 5000 Number of Data items . In that data we should process 5 urgent request data item we should process those first along remaining data items , for this process first we should add to queue ... how can i do it priority wise.
then while exulting bot those all queue items in between we got 10 more urgent request again ,first we should complete urgent/ high priority items first again
How can i handle these situation. how can i add to queue and execute.

I am trying to do, but i can't.

Could you please any one help me to how to handle . '
If its possible Could you please share POC with me.

Thanks & Regards,
Gopal.

sivagelli

Go thru the Work Queue section of Foundation Training documentation of BP. Working with Priority items is clearly documented.

VJR

Hi venugopalreddy,

At first get those 5 urgent items from the Excel and push them separately to the queue using 'Add to Queue'. Make sure that you set the priority using the input parameter of this action. Then process the queue items. Now add a stage in your process that will again go to Excel and check if there are any urgent items. If there are, then again use the 'Add to Queue' by pushing those items. If there are none then process the other non-priority ones. The Work Queue will automatically process the high priority ones first.

venugopalreddy

Hi VJR ,

Thank you so much your Reply & information , its very much useful.
Could you please help me how to get those 5 urgent items from excel to collection ?? i try to do by many ways but i can't !!
In this Scenario should I dump the urgent requests Data to Queue by separate process right ??
its help to some sort of solution to this Scenario .

thanks & Regards,
Gopal.

Last edited:

sivagelli

One way of achieving is to have a column in Excel and mark it as Priority Column. And have a value of '0' to those items that are high on priority and leave other rows with '1' (or higher number). Now, read the entire data in to collection and using Filter Collection action, you can identify the rows that are marked as '0' and push them in to Queue, and while pushing set Priority to '0'. Least value to Priority is considered as high priority items. If you do not set the Priority to other rows, by default BP sets Priority as '0' and it will make no difference for your priority and non priority items.

And, you can achieve this using a single process.

venugopalreddy

Hi sivagelli,

Thanks for information its working but added another column in excel file . but not met my requirement
but got some sort of solution.

thanks & regards ,
gopal.

VJR

Could you please help me how to get those 5 urgent items from excel to collection ??
How are you determining that those 5 items are the urgent ones? Do you have a separate column or status or something? By answering these questions you will know which are high priority ones. If you already have a status column as Priority then you can get this Excel into a collection and then Filter on Priority and then Add the Filtered collection to the Queue.

venugopalreddy

How are you determining that those 5 items are the urgent ones? Do you have a separate column or status or something? By answering these questions you will know which are high priority ones. If you already have a status column as Priority then you can get this Excel into a collection and then Filter on Priority and then Add the Filtered collection to the Queue.
Hi VJR,

Thank you so much for your response ,
i have data in excel files only in that i have comments for urgent request , but their is no separate column for that.
i am identify by only comments in subject. i am try to do filter the collection by comments but i cant . is their any alternative for that.

Regards ,
gopal.