Solved How to handle differnet users and different application login credentials

venugopalreddy

Hi All,
I Have A Scenario,
I was developed bot and I will run in production , in this case I have machine user name and passwords for different users and
as well as each user desktop application available with different name & passwords .
How Blue prism identify the each credentials of each user and each application,
how can I handle these situation and how can I over come in production environment.

For Example :

we have four machines available in production ,
Each machine different login user name password ,
in under we have mail , web and desktop application are available , for login those application by each and every user different credentials ,
how can I pass to bot those credentials.
how can I handle those all different users.

Thanks & regards,
gopal.

VJR

Hi venugopalreddy,

If you have four different machines then they must be having four different names. You can maintain credentials for those users depending on the machine names and the application name or type.

For example, If machine name is MachineA, application names are like WebApp1, DesktopApp1 etc.
You can create separate credential keys for them as:
MachineAWebApp1UserName1
MachineADesktopApp1UserName1
MachineBWebApp1UserName1
MachineBDesktopApp1UserName1
and so on.

Then your bot should have a facility to read the credential name and pick the one based on the current machine it is running on. Check the 'Get Machine Name' and 'Get User Name' actions of the Utility Environment VBO.
Then depending on the current machine name and user name the bot will pick the corresponding credential and work with the application.

If the Credential allows special characters then you can think of having a separator like ":" or "_" which would then be as follows.
MachineA_WebApp1_UserName1
And then read the values between the underscores. I hope you get the idea behind it.

venugopalreddy

Hi venugopalreddy,

If you have four different machines then they must be having four different names. You can maintain credentials for those users depending on the machine names and the application name or type.

For example, If machine name is MachineA, application names are like WebApp1, DesktopApp1 etc.
You can create separate credential keys for them as:
MachineAWebApp1UserName1
MachineADesktopApp1UserName1
MachineBWebApp1UserName1
MachineBDesktopApp1UserName1
and so on.

Then your bot should have a facility to read the credential name and pick the one based on the current machine it is running on. Check the 'Get Machine Name' and 'Get User Name' actions of the Utility Environment VBO.
Then depending on the current machine name and user name the bot will pick the corresponding credential and work with the application.

If the Credential allows special characters then you can think of having a separator like ":" or "_" which would then be as follows.
MachineA_WebApp1_UserName1
And then read the values between the underscores. I hope you get the idea behind it.

Hello hi VJR,
Thank you so much , i think its working .
If you don't mine can you one thing , instead of creating all credentials individually is their any better way to create &get working with minimum credentials in blue prism , Is their any way to create into sever & get credentials from server .

Regards,
gopal.