How to kill already open Internel explorer and start and launched a new IE ( Using Code and Decison stage)

Vishal0017

Hi ,
Can anyone help me with the below query: ( Using Code and Decison stage)
How to kill already open Internel explorer and start and launched a new IE

VJR

Hi Vishal0017,

Is there any specific reason you would want to achieve it using a Code stage when both killing the IE process and launching a new one can be done without Code using the existing features available in Blue Prism?

Vishal0017

Hi Vishal0017,

Is there any specific reason you would want to achieve it using a Code stage when both killing the IE process and launching a new one can be done without Code using the existing features available in Blue Prism?

are you talking about "attaching or dettaching "options available In blueprism, but I want to do it using code stage.

VJR

are you talking about "attaching or dettaching "options available In blueprism, but I want to do it using code stage.
No, I am referring to the 'Kill Process' action of the Utility Environment VBO. Provide the process name as "iexplore" to close all IE windows.
You can check whether Internet Explorer is running using the 'Process Exists' action of the Utility General VBO.

To Launch IE you can use the 'Start Process' action of the Utility Environment.

Vishal0017

No, I am referring to the 'Kill Process' action of the Utility Environment VBO. Provide the process name as "iexplore" to close all IE windows.
You can check whether Internet Explorer is running using the 'Process Exists' action of the Utility General VBO.

To Launch IE you can use the 'Start Process' action of the Utility Environment.
Hi VJR, Thanks :) Yeah am able to do it with the VBOs you have mentioned. just thought of checking it will it be possible to do it to "check process exist" in decision stage and "kill" the application using the code stage