How to open Pdf in blue prism

Hello Friends Good day,

How to open Pdf document in blue prism please guide me.

Note : I want to launch PDF using Application Modular.

Regards
Gunasekar

Bhanu

Usually, Pdf files are opened in a browser or in apps like Adobe Reader.

If you are using a browser:
Launch the browser and provide the path to your pdf file.

Hocine

You can set your modeler to a windows application and reference the Adobe.exe.
in your Object Action use a Navigate Stage and select the Launch Action with the Root Element. In the CommandLineParams put your Complete PDF file path including the .pdf extension.
if you get an error message, you may need to Disable the Protected Mode at Startup in Adobe. To do that, open Adobe Navigate to Edit / Preferences / Security (Enhanced) - on the Top left corner you'll see a checkbox that says "Enable Protected Mode at Startup", make sure it's unchecked.

I hope this helps!

Sachin_Kharmale

Hello Friends Good day,

How to open Pdf document in blue prism please guide me.

Note : I want to launch PDF using Application Modular.

Regards
Gunasekar
Hi @gunadmtdomains ,

If you have installed application to view pdf files then you can also use Start Process action from Blue Prism - Utility Environment VBO.
To display pdf in blue prism.

Give your PDF file path path as a application argument as bellow screen shot.
View attachment 1579495844939.png

I hope it will help you .!

Manikanta

Hi @gunadmtdomains ,

If you have installed application to view pdf files then you can also use Start Process action from Blue Prism - Utility Environment VBO.
To display pdf in blue prism.

Give your PDF file path path as a application argument as bellow screen shot.
View attachment 5092

I hope it will help you .!

Hi @Sachin_Kharmale
If u c that @gunadmtdomains had already mentioned he need to lauch ot through App Modeller,
As @Bhanu mentioned u can launch browser and give that pdf file path and u can spy in ur required spy modes and can try to automate pdf file.

jacksson787

You can set your modeler to a windows application and reference the Adobe.exe.
in your Object Action use a Navigate Stage and select the Launch Action with the Root Element. In the CommandLineParams put your Complete PDF file path including the .pdf extension.

Thanks for your thought, it helped in some way. It can occur not so often, but Adobe PDF viewers technology can make some bugs and issues, which do not allow to open certain PDF files of ebooks. But it also depends on specific files and ebooks. When I download them from PDFMania online library - I don't have such problems.

Last edited: