How to open Process studio diagram or Object studio diagram in another system?

PraveenVemunuri

Hi ..

I have developed one sample Process studio diagram in one laptop and how can i open same process studio diagram in another laptop(Like in Visual studio all project will stored in some location and we open can open any laptop).

VJR

Hi Praveen,

If you have just a few files then you can do it by opening the Process diagram. Then in the File Menu | Export | Process.
This will ask you where to save the XML file. You can do the same for the Object too in case you have a customised one.

Email this XML file to yourself and download the XML from your email on your other laptop. Go to Main Screen of Blue Prism | click File menu and Import this XML file.
Once Imported this Process will now be available in your list of Processes in the Studio.

In cases of several files (Processes, Objects, Queues, Schedules, Credentials, etc.) you need to go to the Release tab and create a Package file where you will get to choose what all you want to import.

Jitendra

Hi Praveen,

If you have just a few files then you can do it by opening the Process diagram. Then in the File Menu | Export | Process.
This will ask you where to save the XML file. You can do the same for the Object too in case you have a customised one.

Email this XML file to yourself and download the XML from your email on your other laptop. Go to Main Screen of Blue Prism | click File menu and Import this XML file.
Once Imported this Process will now be available in your list of Processes in the Studio.

In cases of several files (Processes, Objects, Queues, Schedules, Credentials, etc.) you need to go to the Release tab and create a Package file where you will get to choose what all you want to import.

Hey VJR - Any chance of automating this (Creation of new releases/package) process?

Jitendra

polugopi

Hi ..

I have developed one sample Process studio diagram in one laptop and how can i open same process studio diagram in another laptop(Like in Visual studio all project will stored in some location and we open can open any laptop).

Hi praveen,
First you need to to create package then you need to create a ".bp release" file. This file save as a xml file.
Then you need to import this ".bp release " file into another laptop

VJR

Hey VJR - Any chance of automating this (Creation of new releases/package) process?

Jitendra
Hi Jitendra,

I was once able to spy the Blue Prism tool window and interact with its elements. So you can check the same with the Package and Release creation. Note that I had two BP instances open on my machine with one instance interacting with the other.