How to read the CAPTCHA from website

How to read the CAPTCHA from website

Simple. Just spy using the region mode and select the captcha region. After that use a read stage and in the data drop down, select "Read text with OCR". Make sure that the screen with the captcha is active and also use a wait stage. I am attaching the screenshots for help.

Attachments

• bp stages.PNG
    bp stages.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 411
  • read stage.PNG
    read stage.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 417

VJR

can we automate irctc captcha using blue prism ?
Hi mohan12,

It is not going to be straightforward to read a Captcha. This is because the long form of CAPTCHA which is "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart" itself will tell that they are a feature used to distinguish between Computers and Humans. They are used to avoid such automatic form submissions using robots. Only some specific Captcha's may be able to be read and that is only because they are weak and cannot serve its basic purpose of handling automatic submissions. You can try out using the above mentioned method (Read text with OCR) and see how reliably (or unreliably) you are able to read a Captcha.

Bhavana

I also observed that we are not able to read captcha even using region mode and "read text with OCR". Can anyone help out with the C# code for reading captcha?

VJR

I also observed that we are not able to read captcha even using region mode and "read text with OCR". Can anyone help out with the C# code for reading captcha?
No amount of code in any language might work, although you can give it a try if the Captcha is weak, but there are very less chances of reading the Captcha because of the reasons mentioned in Post #6 above.

Ravi Gaud

Simple. Just spy using the region mode and select the captcha region. After that use a read stage and in the data drop down, select "Read text with OCR". Make sure that the screen with the captcha is active and also use a wait stage. I am attaching the screenshots for help.
Hi,
I have followed as per your instruction, but the the captcha value Read by Bot is very different than the actual one.
Also the bot gives me same text with different captcha (Output is same for different Captcha)

Request your suggestion in this, if you can help.

Best Regards,
Ravi Gaud

mohan12

It is not going to be straightforward to read a Captcha. This is because the long form of CAPTCHA which is "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart" itself will tell that they are a feature used to distinguish between Computers and Humans. They are used to avoid such automatic form submissions using robots. Only some specific Captcha's may be able to be read and that is only because they are weak and cannot serve its basic purpose of handling automatic submissions. You can try out using the above mentioned method (Read text with OCR) and see how reliably (or unreliably) you are able to read a Captcha.