How to remove processed cases from both Excel and WorkQueue

VinodU

Hi All,

Can anyone help me for the below scenario.

1.I have 100 cases in Excel which are required to process.
2.When we design the process flow,case will be moved from excel to collection and finally into a WorkQueue.
3.When we run the process the 100 cases will be moved into WorkQueue and process 1 by 1.
4.If suppose bot terminated in the middle(after processing 50 cases) the processed cases will be updated as "Completed" in WorkQueue.
5.When we try to rerun the same process for processing the remaining cases,the processed cases also will be added in the workqueue(there will be chance of getting added the duplicate cases).
6.To avoid adding the duplicate cases or processed cases please help me the solution for the approach.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vinod

LeoLugo

Not sure if this is the best way to do it but I have solved this problem before by using an ItemKey. I added a column to the collection titled "ItemKey" which was a unique identifier based on the info that is already part of the item. For instance I used the first letter of the persons first name, 3 characters from their postal code and the dateTime the order was submitted. That resulted in a unique identifier. Before I would add something to the queue I would use that identifier to check if it already exists in the queue. If it does then don't add it, if it doesn't then add it to the queue.

VinodU

Not sure if this is the best way to do it but I have solved this problem before by using an ItemKey. I added a column to the collection titled "ItemKey" which was a unique identifier based on the info that is already part of the item. For instance I used the first letter of the persons first name, 3 characters from their postal code and the dateTime the order was submitted. That resulted in a unique identifier. Before I would add something to the queue I would use that identifier to check if it already exists in the queue. If it does then don't add it, if it doesn't then add it to the queue.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply.Can you please explain me little more as I completely didn't understand.
If possible can you provide the screenshots for this.

Thank you,
Vinod

budziakkamil

Hi All,

Can anyone help me for the below scenario.

1.I have 100 cases in Excel which are required to process.
2.When we design the process flow,case will be moved from excel to collection and finally into a WorkQueue.
3.When we run the process the 100 cases will be moved into WorkQueue and process 1 by 1.
4.If suppose bot terminated in the middle(after processing 50 cases) the processed cases will be updated as "Completed" in WorkQueue.
5.When we try to rerun the same process for processing the remaining cases,the processed cases also will be added in the workqueue(there will be chance of getting added the duplicate cases).
6.To avoid adding the duplicate cases or processed cases please help me the solution for the approach.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vinod

The way provided by Leo is good, I would also use Item Key column and check 'work queues->get pending items', if there is any item, it means that add item to the queue will cause duplicate. First of all is to create item key column and add it to the queue(maybe date in item key also?). Next will be get pending items and put a decision that item key is equal to existing in pendings collection. if yes = skip item, if no = add item.
best, kam