How to send huge data in sql faster

Pallavivalunj

Hii,

I m working with excel which has data around 80k to 1L per sheet.
While taking the data in collection i get error of memory exception.
What i wanna to do is to send the excel sheet data to sql table(tables are already created). And the call procedures which are also done.
How can i transfer the data direct from excel to sql is there any option.
Or else how can i come over the situation im facing right now.

Please help me to get solution.

Thanka in advance...

sivagelli

@naveedraza Reading the problem statement, @Pallavivalunj is looking to insert data directly in to SQL Server from Excel as there is memory issue while copying such huge data of 80k to 1lakh records from Excel into Collection.
I am assuming, your solution holds well when trying to write collection data to SQL Server but not when writing data from Excel file to SQL Server. Let me know if you differ!

sivagelli

Sure, that would help the community!

The suggestion i shared using OPENROWSET is a single step to import data from excel file to SQL Server, however would need configurations. Refer to the link.

Pallavivalunj

@sivagelli @naveedraza Thanks for Your Reply.
I have used vb.net code for this issue im sharing the same for ur reference.

Code:

moConnection = New OLEDBConnection("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="& Excel_File_Path &";Extended Properties=""Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES"";")

moConnection.Open()

Dim strCommand

Dim oDataAdapter As New OLEDBDataAdapter(ExcelQuerry,moConnection)

Dim oDataSet As New DataSet

oDataAdapter.Fill(oDataset)

Results = oDataSet.Tables(0)

If SQLConnection IsNot Nothing Then Return

Try

SQLConnection = New SqlConnection(SQLConnectionString)

SQLConnection.Open()

strCommand = "TRUNCATE TABLE BRCiti_Statement"

Dim command1 As SqlCommand = New SqlCommand(strCommand, SQLConnection)

command1.CommandType = CommandType.Text

command1.ExecuteNonQuery()

For Each Drr As DataRow In oDataset.Tables(0).Rows

strCommand = "INSERT INTO BRCiti_Statement (AccountNo,Date,Amount,Debit_CreditMarker,Ref1,Ref2,Description,Details,CustAccountNo) VALUES ('" & Drr(0).ToString & "','" & Drr(1).ToString & "','" & Drr(2).ToString & "','" & Drr(3).ToString & "','" & Drr(4).ToString & "','" & Drr(5).ToString & "','" & Drr(6).ToString & "','" & Drr(7).ToString & "','" & Drr(8).ToString & "')"

Dim command As SqlCommand = New SqlCommand(strCommand, SQLConnection)

command.CommandType = CommandType.Text

If (command.ExecuteNonQuery().Equals(1)) Then

Message = "Information stored in database"

Else

Message = "Not stored in database"

Exit For

End If

Next

moConnection.Close()

SQLConnection.Close()

Catch ex As Exception

Success = False

Message = ex.Message

End Try
INPUT: Table, SQL Connection String, Excel Query, Excel File Path.
Output: Result(Collection) ,message,success,Record Affected

Try this and let me know

Hi, Sorry again,

here is the code:

i wrote a global function, how you can run this code is

1. in object -> In Initialise Tab -> Open the Rectangular box -> In Global code Tab write the attached screenshot code
2. add new page -> in code stage -> write this code : DataTable dtb = ExcelRead(FullFileNamePath)

Attachments

• OLEDB_Connection.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 111

princesatya

Hi
Hi, Sorry again,

here is the code:

1. in object -> In Initialise Tab -> Open the Rectangular box -> In Global code Tab write the attached screenshot code
2. add new page -> in code stage -> write this code : DataTable dtb = ExcelRead(FullFileNamePath)[/QUOT

Hi
Hi, Sorry again,

here is the code:

2. add new page -> in code stage -> write this code : DataTable dtb = ExcelRead(FullFileNamePath)
Hi,
Can you please share the input and output value, what i need to place it. Can you share in detail

Last edited:

princesatya

Hi, Sorry again,

here is the code:

It getting error like dll are missing. Could you please tell me know which dll we need to use it

hemanth kumar

Can someone please help me in writing code for bulk insert of BP collection data(5000Rx30C) into MS Access table in a single go using code stage...
Any assistance is highly appreciated.