Solved How to set tags for work queues with too many fields?

growler

Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are doing good. So I was watching this video:
on how to use tags and tag filters. And there's a step where he adds the individual items to queues by using loop, instead of adding them together in one go.

Now for that he had to define the collection fields in his "Add to queue" page stage and specify that collection as single row.

My question is what if there are too many fields in input parameter, it won't be feasible to define those fields and hence I will need to use undefined collection for the loop? But since the fields are not defined blue prism will throw an error. Plus I can't use single row feature for undefined collections, what would be the solution for this case?

To summarize, what if there are too many fields to define in a collection, then how would I add items into the queue, sequentially?

abhi1110

I am also struggling to find a solution for such case. I am having a collection where number of columns are not fixed. But one column of time is fixed. Based on the time i need to defer the item. let me know if you find any solution

VJR

Hi growler,

I took a look at the video you posted and I also understood the section in the video which you are referring to in your question. But I didn't actually understand the details of the problem. If there are lots of columns to add then that has to be added. Having lots of things to do at design time has now become our second nature of we developers :). I can tell you of a way to dynamically form a collection out of another collection. But then you would still need to go and add each and every column in the Calc stage. Do let me know if you had something else to say.

VJR

I am also struggling to find a solution for such case. I am having a collection where number of columns are not fixed. But one column of time is fixed. Based on the time i need to defer the item. let me know if you find any solution
Hi @abhi1110,

Your question although is about dynamic collection but is slightly different than the original because in the original question the columns are known beforehand from the source collection and has to be mapped one by one to the second collection. Can you provide more details of your exact issue.

I'll start here as below-
Based on your post you have some columns say Name | Age | City | Time - where only the Time column is fixed.
What would you want to do further in your process?
Also how are you getting this collection? Is it coming from 'Get Worksheet as Collection'?

growler

Hi growler,

I took a look at the video you posted and I also understood the section in the video which you are referring to in your question. But I didn't actually understand the details of the problem. If there are lots of columns to add then that has to be added. Having lots of things to do at design time has now become our second nature of we developers :). I can tell you of a way to dynamically form a collection out of another collection. But then you would still need to go and add each and every column in the Calc stage. Do let me know if you had something else to say.

Basically I don't want to define fields of [single row] collection, on calculation stage too I want the data to be appended dynamically. So far I am only able to get the field names from Input collection to single row, but the problem is I can't make the [single row] to be single row-edo_O this way plus there won't be any "current row". I am thinking to somehow force in an empty row in the collection, don't know how to do that, second problem would be to append the cases into [single row] with each iterations, the way you mentioned it will again be a very tedious job. If only I can append it dynamically? One way I can think of is to somehow get a hold on system collection that stores the looped in data.

And yes please do tell how to dynamically form a collection out of any other collection. Thank you.

growler

Try adding a column once all the fields have been populated, this way it won't matter how many fields there are since you will be adding the time later.
Check this out: http://www.rpaforum.net/threads/how-to-join-two-collections.866/#post-2359
I hope this is relevant to you.

VJR

Hi growler,

I don't fully understand the above mentioned requirement in its totality but I will share what I could.

- To generate another collection (SingleRow) out of the InputCollection dynamically
1. Your first stage will have the 'Merge Collection' action
Note: In Input and Output parameters where it says Collection 2 and Collection 3 give both collections as 'SingleRow'

2. Remove all rows of SingleRow collection
This can be done by using the 'Remove All Rows' action of the 'Collections' VBO (not the Utility - Collection Manipulation)
Note: The Input parameter will throw an error as soon as you drag the SingleRow collection to its parameter.
Use it within quotes as "SingleRow" because it is expecting a Text.

3. Add row to the SingleRow collection.
This can again be done by using the 'Add Row' action of the 'Collections' VBO (not the Utility - Collection Manipulation)

You now have a SingleRow collection with one blank row and the column names same as the Input Collection.
Rest I leave it to you :).