How to spy a item that is chosen by mouse hover

PraveenNair

Hi,

I am trying to create a OBJECT to click "LMS" under "LEARNING" in Blue Prism Portal. If I Click "LEARNING", then I cannot get to "LMS".
I just want a element that hovers over "LEARNING" and Clicks on "LMS" .

I would appreciate if you can tell me which spy mode, which attributes to tick/untick etc.

Thank you.

Hi @PraveenNair

The solution for your problem is using the region mode.
To click on lms under learning on the Blueprism Portal, I spied the whole page and the specific item "Learning" that opens the drop down using the region mode. So I had initially 2 regions. 1 was the whole page and the other was the "Learning" portion.
After doing the login, I tried to get the screen bounds(the x and y position where I needed to hover the mouse). Before that I set the start and end x & y to dynamic.
Spied region mode element.PNG

Getting screen bounds.

get screen bound.PNG

You can do it like this. After that I tried to get the whole Blueprism portal page as an image.

set x and y values.PNG

After that I used "find image" Object using the "Utility- Image Search".
Input is:

find image.PNG

Tolerance is 20 by default. Output is:
find image output.PNG

Now I used the region mode property drop onto.

drop onto.PNG
The values set here are default.
The last thing to do was click on the LMS link under the dropdown.

click lms.PNG

The whole object looked like this:
whole object.PNG

Let me know if it works on your end and also if you have any questions.

Attachments

• reading whole image.PNG
    reading whole image.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 276

Varun_puli

Hi @amanbareilly

What we need to add in Data 1 ? Can you please Explain ?

Regards,
Deepak

Open the Region Editor using the existing screenshot.

Select the Learning region from the drop-down menu and change the Retain Image property to “True”.

Close the Region Editor to return to the Application Modeler.

Inspect the attributes of the Equals region and you’ll see an attribute named Element snapshot. This is where a region image is saved.

Click the View button to see the image.

Export this image and save it in your PC.

Import this Image to Data 1

Shweta

Hi @PraveenNair

The solution for your problem is using the region mode.
To click on lms under learning on the Blueprism Portal, I spied the whole page and the specific item "Learning" that opens the drop down using the region mode. So I had initially 2 regions. 1 was the whole page and the other was the "Learning" portion.
After doing the login, I tried to get the screen bounds(the x and y position where I needed to hover the mouse). Before that I set the start and end x & y to dynamic.
View attachment 146

Getting screen bounds.

View attachment 143

You can do it like this. After that I tried to get the whole Blueprism portal page as an image.

View attachment 145

After that I used "find image" Object using the "Utility- Image Search".
Input is:

View attachment 147

Tolerance is 20 by default. Output is:
View attachment 148

Now I used the region mode property drop onto.

View attachment 149
The values set here are default.
The last thing to do was click on the LMS link under the dropdown.

View attachment 150

The whole object looked like this:
View attachment 151

Let me know if it works on your end and also if you have any questions.

Hi Aman/All,

I am unable to find this Business object : Utility - Image Search .. Can you please help me, on what to do next?

I could see only these attached VBO's in the path :
C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Attachments

• VBO.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 113

VJR

Hi Shweta,

After you login to the Blue Prism portal you will find it under Home > Products >VBO.

Shweta

Hi VJR,

I checked but unable to find "Products" option under Homepage screen.
Please find attached the screenshot.

Thanks.

Attachments

• BP Homepage.PNG
    117.3 KB · Views: 80

VJR

Hi Shweta,

Check for it in the Blue Prism website (and not the tool).
https://portal.blueprism.com/

Note that the Products option is available for Blue Prism partners and clients. Meaning - if you work for an organization and if you use the company email address(es) or the one used by your company during the purchase/registration of the product then you might see this option on the portal. But if you are using your personal Id then it may not be seen.

diarselimi

I spied the HTML and the element exists in the HTML already, it is just hidden with some style.
Which means you can spy the element with Application Modeller and just click it without hovering or doing anything at all with spy mode "HTML".

I hope this helps.

iremre

I spied the HTML and the element exists in the HTML already, it is just hidden with some style.
Which means you can spy the element with Application Modeller and just click it without hovering or doing anything at all with spy mode "HTML".

I hope this helps.
Hi, how did you do it through HTML spying? Can you please explain? I'd appreciate it, thank you.

diarselimi

Hi, how did you do it through HTML spying? Can you please explain? I'd appreciate it, thank you.
If you open inspect element in your browser there is an option to simulate the hover to any element, steps:
1. Open Inspect element,
2. Spy the element you want to hover; spy it with inspect element in the browser.
3. Simulate the hover in your inspect element window; you should find it to the right.
4. Spy the element with Application Modeller.
Then you should have the element spy, now just try it in your object.
I hope this helps you.