How to take data type (image) into collection

Nehil

Hi,

I want to add attachment using pop3/smtp to email. For this I need a collection with image.
I dont want to save image locally. I am trying to get image (data type) into a collection. How can we do it?

VJR

Hi Nehil,

It is not fully clear what you are trying to achieve.

A direct image cannot be attached to the attachments section of an email, although an image file can be.
The Attachments collection of the Send Message action of the Email object only accepts a path so it does not allow to change it to an Image data type.
1528098648680.png

If you would like to embed the image into the body of an email even then the file has to be first attached to the email and then pass its path as a HTML cid parameter.

Nehil

Hi VJR,

I am using two objects.
In first object I am taking and saving a snippet into data item, I am not saving it locally.
In second object I am trying to send it as mail attachment.

For this I need a collection where my image data item can be loaded. How can I do this?

Regards
Nehil

VJR

If you are looking for storing an Image from an Image type Data Item to a collection column then you can achieve this using the below.

- Add a collection column with data type as Image
- Using a Calc stage set the Image data item [Data1] to the Pic column of Coll1.
1528099498848.png

Ricmath

Hi Nehil,

It is not fully clear what you are trying to achieve.

A direct image cannot be attached to the attachments section of an email, although an image file can be.
The Attachments collection of the Send Message action of the Email object only accepts a path so it does not allow to change it to an Image data type.
View attachment 961

If you would like to embed the image into the body of an email even then the file has to be first attached to the email and then pass its path as a HTML cid parameter.
Hi VJ,

Can you explain how to do with the HTML cid parameter?

Thanks,
Richard