How to Trigger a Process while a mail arrives?

Khushbu

Steps To Trigger a process when mail arrives having specific keywords :

1. Create a new Rule in Outlook as ‘Run a process’ if Email having specific keywords(any specific criteria) is received. For Outlook 2016 rule ‘Run a process’ is not present in Rule wizard. Follow below steps to add rule ‘Run a Process’:
  • a. Click Start -> Search, type ‘regedit’ (Note: there is no quotation marks in the command.) and press Enter.
  • b. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security.
  • c Right-click a blank area, create a new DWORD Value named as ‘EnableUnsafeClientMailRules’ and set it to 1.
2. Create .bat Process file (to run through outlook Rule) having below commands:

c:\
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate
.\AutomateC.exe /user <Blue Prism Username> <Password> /run <Process name>

Details:
<Blue Prism Username>: Provide user name of Blue prism
<Password>: Provide Password of Blue prism
<Process name>: Process name to trigger

NOTE: Blue prism must be running and Process must be published to Control Room.

Hope this will help.

RPA_Automation

1. Create a new Rule in Outlook as ‘Run a process’ if Email having specific keywords(any specific criteria) is received. For Outlook 2016 rule ‘Run a process’ is not present in Rule wizard. Follow below steps to add rule ‘Run a Process’:
  • a. Click Start -> Search, type ‘regedit’ (Note: there is no quotation marks in the command.) and press Enter.
  • b. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security.
  • c Right-click a blank area, create a new DWORD Value named as ‘EnableUnsafeClientMailRules’ and set it to 1.
2. Create .bat Process file (to run through outlook Rule) having below commands:

Details:

Hope this will help.
Hi ... This solution is working, but if I have to take the process name from email rather than batch file, how can I achieve this? Any suggestions?

RPA_Automation

Details:

Hope this will help.
Hi ... This solution is working, but if I have to take the process name from email rather than batch file, how can I achieve this? Any suggestions?

VJR

Hi RPA_Automation,

You will find tons of examples on the web for reading input parameters passed to a batch file.

While running the batch file from the command prompt I have used MyProcessName as an input parameter which displays in the next line after running the file shown in notepad.

Likewise you will need to read the process name from the email and pass it to the script.

View attachment 1535446143423.png

VJR

Is it possible using lotus notes?
Hi syed,

When you create a new Rule in Lotus Notes, for the 'Condition' "when email arrives" -> under 'Specify Actions' do you see any action to Start a Process OR Run an exe OR start/run a batch file or a script file? Anything of that sort can trigger a Blue Prism process.

Sample links to create a new rule in Lotus Notes
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowled....3/com.ibm.notes85.help.doc/mail_rules_t.html
http://www.softpanorama.org/Mail/Lotus_notes/rules_and_mail_filtering_in_lotus_notes.shtml

Also, if the above is not available Lotus Notes provides a facility to create an Agent or a Lotus Script which should definitely have an option to kick start an exe process.

syed

Hi VJR,

No Lotus notes doesn't have "Run a Process" like one in outlook.

Is there any thread which deals with creating lotus notes agent?

VJR

Hi VJR,

No Lotus notes doesn't have "Run a Process" like one in outlook.

Is there any thread which deals with creating lotus notes agent?
Hi syed,

No there are no posts on the forum for a Lotus Notes agent nor do I have it installed to tell you more. But I have found the below link and it looks like the Shell function is used to call an exe just like it is used in any programming language and I am sure more would be available on the web.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_9.0.1/basic/LSAZ_SHELL_FUNCTION.html

Once you find the right code to run a program you can use it to call the automatec exe like the one in the Post here or in Post #23 on this page you are viewing right now which is used to run from Outlook.

syed

Hi syed,

No there are no posts on the forum for a Lotus Notes agent nor do I have it installed to tell you more. But I have found the below link and it looks like the Shell function is used to call an exe just like it is used in any programming language and I am sure more would be available on the web.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_9.0.1/basic/LSAZ_SHELL_FUNCTION.html

Once you find the right code to run a program you can use it to call the automatec exe like the one in the Post here or in Post #23 on this page you are viewing right now which is used to run from Outlook.

Hi VJR,

If possible Can you please give me the skeleton for implementation?
for Eg. in outlook the implementation steps looks like
Create batch file to execute BP process ---> create "Run process" Rule to execute the batch file.

Like above can you provide me the steps for Notes implementation?