How to use the login agent logout process in the actual business process

harishpulipati

HI VJR,

i have referred the above video but in that video he didn't explain where we need use the log out process to log out from the mechine once the process completed.

Thanks for your reply

VJR

Hi harishpulipati,

I checked the video and it is clearly seen and also mentioned in the video that after installing Login Agent there are several Processes that get imported into Blue Prism and one of them is Log out. This simply means that you need to call the Logout Process/Object from your process at the end wherever you want to.
At the end of the video it is clearly mentioned that Mr. Arun is going to show how to use the Login agent in an actual process in its next video.
This is video no. 43. So I went into video no. 44 in that channel where it is shown the Login and Lock and similarly Log out could be used.

harishpulipati

HI VJR,

i have referred the above video but in that video he didn't explain where we need use the log out process to log out from the mechine once the process completed.

Thanks for your reply

VJR

In your process, wherever you want to Logout,
- Open an Action stage
- Choose Login Agent Business Object
- Select Log out

harishpulipati

Hi VJR,

Thank you so much for detailed reply

If I called logout process before end stage of my business process . Once the system logged out. How the end stage will execute?
Untill the end stage execute process will not complete in control room right?
Thanks.

VJR

Hi harishpulipati,

BP can automate something that can be done manually.

If I am manually typing something in an Excel file and I want to Log off my machine but if I log out first then I won't be able to save my sheet. Similarly if I log out from the BP process it might not complete till the end.

Someone else could provide you a solution if there is any, but until then how about giving a try and seeing what happens to the process in the control room when a log out is called.

VJR

Alternatively there are several other hacks that can be done outside of Blue Prism.
- Place a text or Excel file in a designated folder
- Have a value of 0 in it
- At the end of your BP Process, it will write-in 1 in that file
- Have a batch file or vbscript which will check the value in this file.
If it is 0 then do nothing, if it is 1 then log off the machine. You can even set a timed log out after XX seconds.
- This script file will be running continously in the Scheduled Tasks after every 3 or 5 mins or whatever you choose.
- As soon as your process will put a 1 in that file it will reach the End stage
- Then the Scheduler will find a 1 in it and initiate a Log off.
- Make sure to reset the value to 0 when the machine is logged in or at some other time wherever you think it is appropriate. This can be done by writing 0 to this file using the 'when computer logs on' option of the Scheduled task.

Last edited:

harishpulipati

HI VJR,

I used logout page before the "END" stage of my business process, it working fine.
after logout page still its executing the End stage also BP showing process status as completed in control room.
issue is solved.

Thanks for all your quick response.

Chandana2020

if i got any exception in middle of the process, how to set logout condition? and implementing the login/logout in process/object studio, which is best practice?

adeel478

if i got any exception in middle of the process, how to set logout condition? and implementing the login/logout in process/object studio, which is best practice?

Hi Chandana2020,

Just attach a recover stage in order to catch an exception. And when an exception is thrown, move the process to Logout process page by using a decision stage or else any desired logic you like to build. So whenever there is an exception, it will lead your process to logout process/action.