HTML mode not showing up

Hi,

I have two business objects. The design approach is - the first business object launches a web application and the second business object attaches to the launched web application and does some data retrieval.

I am able to launch the web application using the first business object but I am not able to attach to the web application using the application modeler of 2nd business object. I then wrote a new action in which I used a navigate stage to attach to the web application. I gave the "Window Title" and "Process Name" but I received an error message saying more than one application matched the criteria. There is only one web application with that name but still I got this error message. I then gave the "Child Index" value as "1" and then I am able to attach to the web application using the Navigate action stage.

The issue I am facing after attaching to the web application (from the 2nd business object) is that - I am not able to get HTML mode when spying the elements in the attached web application. When I tried switching modes, I am getting "Region", "AA" and "Win32" modes but I am not getting HTML mode.

I tried several options like detaching the web application from the first business object and then attaching to the 2nd one, tried all the options in the "Application Manager Mode" (Embedded/External 32 bit/External 64 bit etc) but none of these worked. I am not able to get HTML mode after attaching to the web application from second business object.

Can someone help me how to solve this issue (how to get the HTML mode displayed when trying to spy the web application)?

VJR

Hi Highspirits,

This is happening by design in Blue Prism but don't know for what reason.
In the 2nd Object during setting up the wizard choose the below option and select the name of your 1st Object.
Do not enter the URL of any page. This shows the HTML mode while spying after attaching.

1529221976034.png

Hi VJR,

Thank you for the reply. I can you the application modeler sharing option but I felt the second BO should have its own application modeler elements as the first application modeler is already large enough. Also, blue prism recommends using application sharing option only when the object cannot attach (for whatever reason) to the target application. Here, I am able to attach to the target application but the issue is in spying.

Finally, I figured the root cause of the issue. In the attach functionality, I gave the "Child Index" value as 1. When I changed the value of this "Child Index" to 0, the attach function worked in this case too, but the HTML mode also showed up during the spying operation. I still need to get my head around the concept of "Child Index" but for now, this is the solution I have.

Attachments

• Navigate options during attach.png
    Navigate options during attach.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 177