HTML mode write stage not working

raygan1987

Hi,
I am spying an HTML element which is an text input field and giving write stage to write content in it. The problem is it actually write the required input and when i press save button my text is replaced by the default text. i am not able to do the same using UI automation and accessibility as that field is not getting spied. Please see the attachment.

Kindly help on this

Attachments

• initial text.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 78
  • write stage.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 68
  • attributes of spied element.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 69

gil.silva

Hi,
Can you show your object diagram? The HTML element looks fine and standard.
Sometimes, it happens that the input field has multiple layers and you are not writing in the 'right' one.
The text which is there by default, is it input text or 'hint text' which disappears when you select the field?

Jan Čech

Hi,
I have got the same problem. With BluePrism stage Write I set the text to Input filed but after pressing OK button nothing happens.
When I look into HTML code I can see, that atributte "Value" is empty even if I can see inputted text by BluePrism on the screen (Example: <input name="condition0" class="input" id="condition01393784473" type="text" value="">)

If I write "test" text manually or paste it manually from clipboard, HTML code will correctly change its value attribute (Example:
<input name="condition0" class="input" id="condition01393784473" type="text" value="test">

It would be nice if anyone can help :)
J.

Jan Čech

I solved it for me, so maybe also will works for you !

Inputting text to HTML Input filed is combination of 3 actions in Navigation stage:

1. Active application of window (spied in mode win32)
2. Focus on Input element (spied in AA mode)
3. Global Send Keys ("^v")

Of course before running this stage, you need to set input value to clipboard.

Good luck,

Shri Balaji

After
I solved it for me, so maybe also will works for you !

Inputting text to HTML Input filed is combination of 3 actions in Navigation stage:

1. Active application of window (spied in mode win32)
2. Focus on Input element (spied in AA mode)
3. Global Send Keys ("^v")

Of course before running this stage, you need to set input value to clipboard.

Good luck,

After using this solution.. I am facing this error. ' Could not identify process owner owning the current foreground window'