Html web-page element, can only use the Blue Prism element once.

Michael Cassidy

Hi folks, I wonder has anyone encountered this type of issue and if so cast some light to resolve.

I am developing automated process which works on a web-page. When I open the Blue Prism Application Explorer,
Launch the application and create an element which refers to an element on the web page, the Blue Prism element
will only work once.
Just to clarify, I correctly Launch, Identify and highlight the web element through Blue Prism and when I run/step
through the object it correctly opens a dropdown as it should. If I run the object a second time the dropdown
does not activate. If I log out and start completely anew with the Blue Prism element that worked previously,
will not activate the dropdown. If I create a new Blue Prism element and insert that into the Navigate stage, it will
work. Once.

Any ideas of similar experiences?

Thanks in advance

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi Michael,

It sounds like the website you're automating may not be the most reliable. As such, you'll need to find the correct set of attributes to match on that will return a reliable match each time. For example, Value is an attribute that will often change and therefore shouldn't be matched on.

Could you share a screenshot of the element in App Modeller and its attributes please? Also the URL of the website if it's publicly accessible?

Rob

Michael Cassidy

Hi Rob, because it's not a publicly accessible web page I'll try locally here for ideas.
If they don't have suggestions I'll try to get back with images etc.
I just thought someone might be able to say straight out: 'Yes, the web-page is at fault'.
The attribute 'Value' isn't used at all and all the matched Attributes are identical between the first successful
dropdown and all the subsequent failed dropdowns.