Identifying An Upload Browse File Prompt

mcandrewe

I have a process which has been running fine for about 8 months. The bot uses Newsweaver (Internet Explorer) and at one point it clicks upload files, and a file browser window opens. The bot then selects a file etc. However, this same logic is not running on another resource. I am unable to identify anything on the prompt on that particular resource.
Screenshot attached of the prompt.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 62
This could be problem with parameters as you captured the field in application modeller - extra parameter that's not needed
or
it could be problem when attaching to the window - child item (attach page in object could be 1, not default 0) -- this is problem with IE settings (which i once encountered but don't know which setting it is)

--it might be something different as well as i didn't see the object

Amitsahoo

I have a process which has been running fine for about 8 months. The bot uses Newsweaver (Internet Explorer) and at one point it clicks upload files, and a file browser window opens. The bot then selects a file etc. However, this same logic is not running on another resource. I am unable to identify anything on the prompt on that particular resource.

Hi, Could you tell me how you are able to select a document and upload it. Because I am not able to spy that prompt window

mcandrewe

This could be problem with parameters as you captured the field in application modeller - extra parameter that's not needed
or
it could be problem when attaching to the window - child item (attach page in object could be 1, not default 0) -- this is problem with IE settings (which i once encountered but don't know which setting it is)

--it might be something different as well as i didn't see the object
Yes the child index seems to be different depending on the resource. I came up with a mix of detaching before the window, re attaching with a windows title and then detaching and reattaching like normal again. This means the one object runs fine on all resources

Amitsahoo

Thanks mcandrewe.. Now its resolved as thw prompt was a IE prompt so I have created another object wth Application Modeller as Browser based then I am able to spy