Importing txt-file into Excel

Nici BP

Hello,

I would like to Import a txt file into Excel without using Collections. How do I manage to do this?

Thank you for any help!!!

johnnywang

Try to Select all and Copy to Excel. You may create a business object to spy notepad, and ‘Send Global Keys’ to Select and Copy.

LeoLugo

If I'm understanding your problem correctly maybe you can do the following:
1.Action->Utility-File Management->Read All Text From File
Output should be saved to a data item
I'm not sure why you are trying to open a txt file in Excel so this is as far as I've gotten. Hopefully I've actually helped you.

Nici BP

I tried this. My delimiter is " |" and my data has headers. I somehow Need to delete the first two (filled) files and then I could apply Import to CSV.

Nevertheless, this is not workin well for me. So I am running Macros right now to solve this issue. What do you think about this solution?

sivagelli

A screenshot of your file would have helped in understanding better.
I tried this. My delimiter is " |" and my data has headers. I somehow Need to delete the first two (filled) files and then I could apply Import to CSV.

Also, you can use a PowerShell script to convert txt to csv. Check this link. I successfully converted pipe delimited file to csv following the link with below command in PowerShell.

import-csv pipeDelimitedText.txt -delimiter "|" | export-csv csvpipefile.csv -NoType