Input Output parameters in two different processes

Falua

Hi

I have process 1 in which I need two parameter(output) which I will use in process 2 as an input. Is it possible to use input output parameters in 2 different processes?

Thanks,
Falua

VJR

Hi Falua, yes it is possible. Assuming you are calling Process 2 from Process 1 - On the Start stage of Process 2 configure the Input parameters (as many as you want). Then in Process 1 when you call the Process 2 using a Process stage, it will automatically ask you to provide the values to those parameters in the Inputs tab. Here you will pass the data items that is generated/calculated in Process 1 (meaning output of Process 1).

VJR

Yes it is a way of exchanging data between 2 Processes and a regular way of passing data between a Process and an Object too. It also depends on what data you are passing. For example, if both the processes have to open the same excel file, then having an Environment variable with the filepath and name would be beneficial rather than passing as parameters so that if the file path/name changes in future there won't be a necessity to make any changes in the process.