Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component.

yogeshc99

Hi

I am getting error during create instance stage in Blue Prism's MS Excel VBO. Error as below:

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component.

I tried updating .Net framework but no luck. Any suggestion?

VJR

Hi

I am getting error during create instance stage in Blue Prism's MS Excel VBO. Error as below:

I tried updating .Net framework but no luck. Any suggestion?
Are there multiple instances of Excel.exe opened in the Task Manager opened by any previous sessions? If they are they need to be killed. In the diagram after opening the instances -> and after working on the excel -> they need to be closed using Close Instance.

yogeshc99

Are there multiple instances of Excel.exe opened in the Task Manager opened by any previous sessions? If they are they need to be killed. In the diagram after opening the instances -> and after working on the excel -> they need to be closed using Close Instance.
No. I even tried restarting computer still no luck.

VJR

Hi yogeshc99,

Since you are getting the error in 'Create Instance', this is the code from its code stage.
  1. Dim excel as Object = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
  2. excel.Caption = System.Guid.NewGuid().ToString().ToUpper()
  3. handle = GetHandle(excel)
In order to find the source of the error, keep commenting each line of code and see on which line the issue occurs.
For eg; at first, comment line no. 2 and 3. and keep only line 1.
If the same error occurs then it is because of CreateObject, in which case you can research on the web on the error "CreateObject Cannot create ActiveX component"

If it works fine then comment only line 3 and if error occurs then it is while creation of a new Guid...and so forth do your research depending on where it is occurring.