Solved Internet Explorer Switch Tabs

Dhivakhar

I have already opened internet explorer with two tabs using blue prism.out of two one is selected currently. now i need to switch to the another tab in the internet explorer.

VJR

Hi Dhivakhar,

If you are aware of which tab number you would like to switch to you can use Sendkeys on the Navigate action.
Ctrl 1 is for 1st tab, Ctrl 2 is for the second and so on.
So "^2" with Global Send Keys will switch to the second tab.
But if you want to simply navigate from one tab to another then you'll need to use Ctrl Tab.

Dhivakhar

Hi Dhivakhar,

If you are aware of which tab number you would like to switch to you can use Sendkeys on the Navigate action.
Ctrl 1 is for 1st tab, Ctrl 2 is for the second and so on.
So "^2" with Global Send Keys will switch to the second tab.
But if you want to simply navigate from one tab to another then you'll need to use Ctrl Tab.
Thank You very much VJ

aditi24garg

I have already opened internet explorer with two tabs using blue prism.out of two one is selected currently. now i need to switch to the another tab in the internet explorer.

Could you please guide me, on how to open two tabs in internet explorer in blue prism

VJR

Hi aditi24garg,

I have seen your other message but that is a Status window. What is it that you are trying to do in your application?
Do you already have one webpage opened and are you clicking something on this page which you need to open it in another tab? Or do you want to open a fresh new webpage on the other tab? Provide as much details as you can.

VJR

Hey VJ,

I already have one webpage opened on internet explorer. Now, i wish to open a fresh webpage on a new tab(another tab) of internet explorer.

Thanks,
Aditi
Hi aditi24garg,

You could try changing the setting to force open any new links in a new tab.
https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/force-ie-to-open-link-in-new-tab/
But that is a permanent change that you will have to make and is not always recommended.

What I have tried is to use Sendkeys on Ctrl T, spy the address bar, write the new website url using Write stage and then hit Enter. This opened the new url in a new tab.