Is it possible to mimic copy and paste activity in an Excel?

maneshkar

1. My requirement is to create a purchase order in an SAP system
2.The input file is an excel document
3. The requirement is to open the excel file first, then copy each cell value and paste it in the SAP Purchase order form. Means, we should mimic the human interaction as it is ( I know, the process to add the excel data in to collections and use it in the SAP system. But here the requirement is different. We have to do what exactly a human does)
4. So, for each fields, I have to open the excel file, copy it, then paste it in the corresponding field in the SAP system. So each time, for each fields, we have to minimize/hide the excel file and then maximize/open the SAP system, then open the excel etc etc
5. I have to loop this process for every row of data (each rows are values for different purchase orders)

Can anybody help me on this?

Attachments

• 2019-06-12_1227.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 28

Sachin_Kharmale

Hi Maneshkar,

Yes we can mimic the same action with SAP and Excel.
When you are getting the data from Excel as collection.
Then copy collection data as per our requirement to the System Clipboard and paste in SAP as the human does.

Best,
Sachin

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,

For this you have to use "Show Workbook" action from MS Excel VBO.

Once the excel file displays--Use Go to cell (provide cell value to copy) and by sending Global Send Keys (Ctrl+C) to copy the cell value.
Then, attach, activate SAP application, then send copied cell value using write stage or Global Send Keys(which is bought from Clipboard).

Repeat the above steps until all the data has been transferred to SAP like manual operation.

Happy to Help.
Good Luck !

maneshkar

Hi Maneshkar,

Yes we can mimic the same action with SAP and Excel.
When you are getting the data from Excel as collection.
Then copy collection data as per our requirement to the System Clipboard and paste in SAP as the human does.

Best,
Sachin

Thanks for the reply..
But here the client requirement is to open the same excel file (File name should be correct) and copy each cell value and paste it in the SAP fields..

Sachin_Kharmale

Hello,

For this you have to use "Show Workbook" action from MS Excel VBO.

Once the excel file displays--Use Go to cell (provide cell value to copy) and by sending Global Send Keys (Ctrl+C) to copy the cell value.
Then, attach, activate SAP application, then send copied cell value using write stage or Global Send Keys(which is bought from Clipboard).

Repeat the above steps until all the data has been transferred to SAP like manual operation.

Happy to Help.
Good Luck !
So these solutions will work for you

maneshkar

So these solutions will work for you

One another solution required: While running a SAP system, I would like to go to a particular folder (eg: E:\BluePrism\InputData) and then open a file by double click on it. Is it possible to do with blue prism?
For more clarity, the process is: I have to create a purchase order in SAP system. In the purchase order screen, I have to enter order number. Here, I have to focus on that filed first, then minimize the SAP application, then go to My computer, click on E:\, then click on BluePrism folder, then click on InputData, then double click and open the input file (.xlsx) and then copy the particular column and paste it in the SAP order number filed.

Could you help me to figure it out?

Sachin_Kharmale

Hi Maneshkar,
Instead of going to E:\ Blue Prism and then click on excel file
we can open it using Blue Prism MS Excel VBO and copy the Data from excel
and paste that Order number filed in SAP without minimizing the SAP application.
So you need to done excel part in background without manually open the input file.

maneshkar

Sachin, thanks for your reply.. I know that method.. But our requirement is to mimic the human interaction as it is.. That is why we need to go to the folder and open the excel file.. The client requirement is : He should be able to see the actions like a normal human doing.. Minimize the SAP, Click on My computer, Click on the directory, Click and open the folder likewise..
Is that possible with BP? Or as you mentioned, is it only possible to mimic the open excel by passing the file path by using the Excel VBO and open directly by using 'Show' action , then copy and paste?

whitecloudipl

Yes we could mimic copy & paste with SAP software and Excel.
Collect data from Excel and copy collected data to Clipboard and paste in SAP.