Issues while copying table data from PDF to Excel

Srikant

Hi,

I have been trying to copy a table from a PDF file and then paste its contents in an Excel. To achieve this I am simply opening the PDF using MS Word VBO and then doing a "Select All" & "Copy". After that I get the contents of the clipboard using "Utility - Environment" and then open the Excel and paste it. The contents get misaligned as shown in the attachments. I could understand that this is happening because of having multi-line value within a cell but I am unable to think of a way to get around this. Please could someone let me know how we can achieve this without using Surface Automation/OCR.

Attachments

• PDF Table.PNG
    80.7 KB · Views: 71
  • After pasting the data on to Excel.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 71

geeda

Hi,

I have been trying to copy a table from a PDF file and then paste its contents in an Excel. To achieve this I am simply opening the PDF using MS Word VBO and then doing a "Select All" & "Copy". After that I get the contents of the clipboard using "Utility - Environment" and then open the Excel and paste it. The contents get misaligned as shown in the attachments. I could understand that this is happening because of having multi-line value within a cell but I am unable to think of a way to get around this. Please could someone let me know how we can achieve this without using Surface Automation/OCR.
Did you happen to find a solution for this?