Solved Java Automation Error

I am unable to write to textbox in java applet form Oracle EBS.
Error getting - Call to setTextContents failed. I have java 1.8 installed & also referred java automation guide of blueprism below is the image for reference.
Though they are saying jre 1.3 can't be implemented but as i have jre 1.8 it should get implemented.
Help me out there....
1519041640996.png

cs.andras

Hi,
Though I'm completely lost at your last sentence, I'd suggest trying to focus the element and sending the text through navigate/sendkeys instead of a write stage. Similar has happened to me in SAP.

It will be a workaround. what if i have to fill 20 textboxes in java form the blueprism process will be too big right if i use sendkeys instead write stage.

I have Just spied java applet textbox.
1. Sent the global mouse click center action to that spied element.
2. Then sent the global send keys & wrote some text inside it. It just worked!!!
This is a workaround, actually we should be able to write to that textbox using WRITE stage same as we do while writing text in HTML element but it shows the error " Call to setTextContents failed".

1519734894001.png

Last edited:

ali.chowdhury

I have Just spied java applet textbox.
1. Sent the global mouse click center action to that spied element.
2. Then sent the global send keys & wrote some text inside it. It just worked!!!
This is a workaround, actually we should be able to write to that textbox using WRITE stage same as we do while writing text in HTML element but it shows the error " Call to setTextContents failed".

View attachment 177

Vaibhav_medhekar,
It seems like you were able to connect to Oracle Form. I am trying to Spy 11i Form and having trouble to identify the "Page Tab List". Any idea how to achieve this. I was trying to click on "Line Items" in Oracle Sales Order Form however failed to spy this correctly. Thanks for your help.