keep a person in CC while sending an email using BluePrism

abhi1015

Hi,

I am creating a process using BluePrism where I need to send an email. I have used inbuilt utility of Blue Prism for this task and am able to send the email.
My question is, how can I add a person in CC while sending this email? Please refer the attached snapshot and see there is no input field for CC option.

Attachments

• 5C8D4BF4.PNG
    5C8D4BF4.PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 216

VJR

Hi abhi1015,

- Create a duplicate copy of the existing Send Message action or if you prefer you can modify the existing one.
- Add a new Input parameter called as CC to the Start of the Send Message action and also pass it the Code stage just like it is done for the other parameters.
- Add a line of code in the below marked section for including the CC

1527627121782.png

- At first try adding mail.CC.Add(CC);
If needed take help from the below links
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=csharp#code-snippet-1

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...h-attachments-in-aspnet-c?forum=csharpgeneral

Shweta

I have added the line in code and also at the start of Send Message action. Still, I do not see the option of CC . Can anyone please help.

mail.CC.Add(CC);

Attachments

• Send Message.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Send Message action.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 114

kiranappikatla

Hi,

I am creating a process using BluePrism where I need to send an email. I have used inbuilt utility of Blue Prism for this task and am able to send the email.
My question is, how can I add a person in BCC while sending this email? and there is no input field for BCC option.

Shweta

Hi Kiranappikatla,

- Add a new Input parameter called as Bcc to the Start of the Send Message action and also pass it the Code stage input properties, just like it is done for the other parameters.
- Add a line of code for including the Bcc option, as shown in attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Code Stage.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 166

kiranappikatla

Hi Kiranappikatla,

- Add a new Input parameter called as Bcc to the Start of the Send Message action and also pass it the Code stage input properties, just like it is done for the other parameters.
- Add a line of code for including the Bcc option, as shown in attached screenshot.
thank you shwethaa

Hi,

My question is, how can I add a person in CC while sending this email? Please refer the attached snapshot and see there is no input field for CC option.
HI Abhi,

Can you tell me how to configure the pop3/smtp . If possible please share a screen shot of configure action in pop3/smtp VBO.

Thanks

sna

Hi Kiranappikatla,

I did made changes in code of send message stage as mentioned nd also passes parameters as required but I m getting compiler error..
will u be able to help?

Njakk2

Hi swetha, I tried same but i got error in blueprism about invalid range of values. Did it work for you?

Njakk2

its working. so the issue is not mentioning port number during configure. i have given port number and its working.

Gazmo

Hi, This works well for me but when I don't want to use CC or BCC and leave the data items blank I get the following error:

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: addresses

Is there a workaround please so I can use this VBO for processes that use CC and don't use CC.

Gazmo

Hi, This works well for me but when I don't want to use CC or BCC and leave the data items blank I get the following error:

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: addresses

Is there a workaround please so I can use this VBO for processes that use CC and don't use CC.

Could anybody help with the above?