Link enables excel opening issue

CSM

I have an link enabled excel workbook, which opened manually gives a pop up to enter credentials to connect to the data source. If the same excel is opened from Blue Prism, it throws a pop up of : Excel has links, if you trust: update or not update pop up. I added an action via code stage to open with update links to open the excel. I created some macros to enter credentials and to refresh data and submit data. But none of these macros are working using run macro stage. But all the macros work fine when run manually. Is there a way to make this macros work? When I step in studio, the run macro stages move to next stage without throwing any error but nothing happens in the workbook. Why are the pop ups different when the same excel workbook is opened manually and opened via Blue Prism?
Any inputs on this is much appreciated. If anybody faced same issues, please post your solutions. Thanks.

CSM

The Macros do not have any input parameters. I saved the macros in a separate workbook and am calling them to run on the workbook that I activate via Blue Prism, as the same macros need to be called on different workbooks. I added the show excel stage. I will try running the process without show excel action, and will update the result.