Locate element by css attribute (RPA Web)

DFugere

Hi,

I have been tasked to automated a webpage testing procedure. (Feels more like QA than RPA if you ask me).

I managed to spy the website and get it to work, but I feel my solution is very unstable and I hate having unstable solution...

I noticed in the html of the website the following tag "data-automation-id=searchBar". After carefull reading, I learn that these tag are used for the QA team to do automation testing.

I want blue prism to refer to the object using these tag, as I am pretty sure they wont change any time soon. I have a few idea on how to make this work, but so far none of them worked.

1- Use selenium in blue prism code stage, create a VBO that use mostly selenium to interact with the website. ( I am having trouble with calling the selenium driver inside BP)

2- Extract the html of the page and parse it with Html Agility Pack to obtain the path of the element and use the path as a dynamic variable in app modeler. (Can't extract the HTML easily so far, I am also afraid that this method might take longuer).

I was hoping someone could help me in either of these direction or give me a better third one!

Thanks!

DFugere

I managed to make selenium driver work inside BP, one had to add the dll to the GAC. Having the dll inside bp folder was not enough.