Solved Mapiex - Problem Send Email

Hi, i have a problem with the addon Mapiex, in particular with the action to "Send Email".
When i try to send a email, incur two problems:
- It s show the image (in the attachment) that report that Outolook is not default program for emails (but it is).
- It s show this error message: "Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to initialise MAPIEx (A MAPI Error occurred : 0x80004005"

How can i solve this situation?
I follow the procedure to install Mapiex in the proper way at address portalBluePrism and i'm sure that is all corret.
(I'm using BluePrism 6.3.0 - Outlook 2016 - Mapiex 2.0.6)
Thanks for a possible solution,

Ambrogio

Attachments

• Problem Mapiex - Outlook.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

VJR

Hi CriveAmbroAccenture,

Do you happen to do a websearch and take a look at the various solutions given for this error message. Below is one of them from Microsoft.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...t-mail-client-or-the-current-mail-client-cann

The web links mostly talk about going through the repair wizard of the Outlook setup.
https://community.spiceworks.com/ca...ent-or-the-current-mail-client-cannot-fulfill

On the other hand are you using Outlook 64 bit which I think is not supported by MapiEx.

Hi CriveAmbroAccenture,

Do you happen to do a websearch and take a look at the various solutions given for this error message. Below is one of them from Microsoft.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...t-mail-client-or-the-current-mail-client-cann

The web links mostly talk about going through the repair wizard of the Outlook setup.
https://community.spiceworks.com/ca...ent-or-the-current-mail-client-cannot-fulfill

On the other hand are you using Outlook 64 bit which I think is not supported by MapiEx.

Thank you very much for the answer VJR!
I had tryed to follow the guides that u had linked me., but without any positive results.
The Outlook's version it s 64 bit... But other people use the 64bit mode and MapiEX good works.
I'd changed the directory from the dll where Mapiex load the file after to import the object in BluePrism... The directory is ProgramFiles
instead ProgramFiles(x86)...
Could u have other possible solutions? Thanks

VJR

Thank you very much for the answer VJR!
I had tryed to follow the guides that u had linked me., but without any positive results.
The Outlook's version it s 64 bit... But other people use the 64bit mode and MapiEX good works.
I'd changed the directory from the dll where Mapiex load the file after to import the object in BluePrism... The directory is ProgramFiles
instead ProgramFiles(x86)...
Could u have other possible solutions? Thanks
Hi CriveAmbroAccenture,

If its a 64 bit version all I can tell you is to go through the 'Issue and Support' section of the Mapiex guide on the Blue Prism portal.
Also try unregistering the 64 bit dll and re-registering the 32 bit dll by using the regsvr32 command. Probably in some way the 64 bit dll is still getting referenced.

I have resolved the problem to disinstall completly the Office 64 bit version to install 32 version.
I thought that MapiEX done to be compatible also to version 64bit, but it was impossible.
Thanks.

Meghal Vasa

Is there any Mapiex with 64 bit outlook support. I am facing same issue but downgrading to 32 bit cannot be done in my organization.

VJR

Is there any Mapiex with 64 bit outlook support. I am facing same issue but downgrading to 32 bit cannot be done in my organization.
Hi Meghal Vasa,

No there is no support for 64 bit outlook as MapiEx is not designed to work with 64 bit Outlook.
You can try out the option given in the 'Issue and Support' section of the Mapiex guide on the Blue Prism portal regarding the changes in the 'Code Options' tab about pointing the references. Do make sure to take the necessary backups before making any change.

Meghal Vasa

Many thanks for your reply ~VJ. I used the BPA Object - MS Outlook VBO (uncertified).xml by Denis__Dennehy which worked for me on Windows 10 with 64 Bit Outlook. Just in case anyone else is also struggling for 64 Bit Mapiex support like me ... There is a workable VBO for quick try out.

Edit: Removed the direct attaching of the XML from the Blue Prism portal as it is against the forum guidelines stated here.