MS Access - OLEDB VBO - Data integrity rule

Hello to all,

I have implemented a connection to MS Access DB with the OLEDB VBO.
However, some times when I try to update a field in Access with the Execute Action and an SQL query, I have an exception with the reason of "You cannot update this field because the value you're trying to apply is not valid or would break a data integrity rule. Please correct and try again."

This happens regularly, but not always. I have a field that it is updated from a choice menu, but somehow it seems that Access "locks" and then it is not permitted to change field values.

Does anyone faced such a problem? I will post specific screenshots if needed. But I prefer just a few ideas for brainstorming.

sivagelli

Is there any referential integrity that you are breaking? Meaning you are trying to insert something in to a child table that is not in parent table.

I have one table, with 20 fields of different types. More specifically, the field which is "breaking the rule" is a txt field of 256 (one line of txt). i always update successfully a field which is choice type, but the txt field is not being updated always.

The problem is that sometimes the robot updates successfully the field, but after a possible fail, it "locks".