Multi bot implementation

Hi team,
I have a bot which will check any items pending in work queue.if yes it will launch application and upload the queue data after that it will generate an Excel report contains completed and exceptions sheets. Completed sheet contains the list of successfully uploaded data and exceptions sheet contains uploaded failed data.
Finally bot will send an email with this Excel report as an attachment.

If I run this same code on 3machines at the same time , 3machines need to generate individual Excel report but only one bot need to consolidate the report and should send only1 mail instead of 3mails.

I am not aware of multi bot implementation.
How to implement multi bot solution for this situation ?
If possible please provide the flow diagram

bot1robot

@polugopi87

One possible approach would be

1.There will be two bots . First bot will look for the data in work queue and upload by launching application after that it will generate excel file with completed / exception sheets. This file will be created in shared location say \\Server1\\sharedfolder1\.
In this shared folder Three files will be created from three different machines say
1.Machin1ExcelData.xlsx.
2.Machin2ExcelData.xlsx.
3.Machin4ExcelData.xlsx.
At this stage work for the bot 1 is over.

2. Now Bot two will come into the picture which will Look for any excel file present in shared location (\\Server1\\sharedfolder1\)
created in step 1 above.

If any excel file founds then it will consolidate three excel files into one excel file with the help of Excel VBO.
Once Consolidate excel file is created , this bot will send this excel file as an attachment .
Post sending email same bot will move this file to some other folder.

Hope this helps.

@polugopi87

1.There will be two bots . First bot will look for the data in work queue and upload by launching application after that it will generate excel file with completed / exception sheets. This file will be created in shared location say \\Server1\\sharedfolder1\.
In this shared folder Three files will be created from three different machines say
1.Machin1ExcelData.xlsx.
2.Machin2ExcelData.xlsx.
3.Machin4ExcelData.xlsx.

2. Now Bot two will come into the picture which will Look for any excel file present in shared location (\\Server1\\sharedfolder1\)
created in step 1 above.

If any excel file founds then it will consolidate three excel files into one excel file with the help of Excel VBO.
Once Consolidate excel file is created , this bot will send this excel file as an attachment .

Hope this helps.

up to bot 1 work is clear.
Do i need to apply environment locking mechanism? if yes at what stage i need to use this mechanism. if possible can u draw the flow diagram it will be more helpful to me.

avvamma

Hi,

Yes for multi bot you need to use the environment locking. you can find the action called "Lock Item" in "Utility - Locking" , before you update the data in excel sheet. Use "release lock" action once you done with updating data into excel.

Regards,
Avvamma

@polugopi87

1.Machin1ExcelData.xlsx.
2.Machin2ExcelData.xlsx.
3.Machin4ExcelData.xlsx.

created in step 1 above.

Hope this helps.

if possible can u draw flow diagram containing ENV locking Mechanism, will be helpful to me.

i am attaching flow .
any one please suggest me am i going correct approach or not.
View attachment 1553531576398.png

Last edited:
@polugopi

As mentioned in earlier two step process . I believe there will not be any need to use environment locking.

Hope this helps.

i developed the flow which u shared , but as per the SDD i need to implement the multi-bot scenario in single process only.
Can u please share end to end solution for this ? if possible.
because i need to submit the task this week.

@polugopi87

1.Machin1ExcelData.xlsx.
2.Machin2ExcelData.xlsx.
3.Machin4ExcelData.xlsx.

created in step 1 above.

Hope this helps.

Do i need to create two processes for this task ?
like process 1 will creates excel report and then i need to trigger process 2 (get excel files from that location , consolidate and send an email )

could you please share sample flow diagram ? if possible . because i need to finish this task as early as possible

This is multi bot scenario and i haven't used any Query lock , acquire lock stages in my logic.
Do i really need to use locking mechanism ?
or in what way i need to implement logic ?

could you please share sample flow diagram ? if possible . because i need to finish this task as early as possible

bot1robot

@polugopi87

As mentioned earlier two processes (bots) needs to be created.
Few quick questions pls:
May I know why you believe its multi bot scenario ? Can you share details for the same. ?

If you are following SDD then , you need grasp idea behind why it is multi bot scenario and why cant i implement without multi bot ?

Can you please confirm What is source of work queue data ?

Last edited: