Multiple Tag in multibot environment

AKO

Hi All,
I have a situation:
A Process P1 has multiple Tags (Tag1, Tag2, Tag3, Tag4) based on business requirement. This Process is been deployed to multibot environment. I need each Tag to get execute in separate BOT/resource. Ex: Tag1 item should execute in BOT1/resource 1, Tag2 item should execute in BOT2....
How to achieve this?

VJR

Hi AKO,
Multiple bots are best used to run only when there is any repetitive portion of the process so that all of them perform the same action in a lesser time. If you would like to have separate bots do different things then you can have multiple processes each accessing different tags of the queue.
When one process performs the Get Next Item, configure the tag filter parameters in such a way that it gets only the items that match the required Tag. Eg; Process 1 should only retrieve items that have tags as TAG1, and so forth.

AKO

Hi VJR,
Thanks for your quick reply and valuable suggestion.
But if a Process has 3 tags in it and wants to execute it in 3 different bots. Is this situation achievable? Can we assign RESOURCES based on tags from 1 process??
Note : I don't want to create 3 different process .

VJR

Hi AKO, I cannot think of anything right now off the top of my head. What I can suggest you to try is to have an Excel or a text file at a common shared location with Resource names and Tag next to it, as below. You can also have 4 separate files on 4 resources but with same name and on same file path.
ResourceNm | Tags
ABCDEFG | Tag1
PQRSTUV | Tag2

This single process will read the File, Read the current Resource Name using the GetResourceName function of Calc stage. Match the current Resource Name with the one in the above table. If they match then that process will only do a GetNextItem of only those tag filters that is next to it in the Tag column. For eg; if the current Resource Name fetches PQRSTUV then as per the above table it should process only Tag2 items. You might have to give separate GetNextItem stages depending on condition read in the Resource Name. Since you are not writing and only reading from the Excel file, instead of the Excel (or text file) you can also hard code the Resource names into your diagram and based on Choice stage the corresponding GetNextItem will trigger for that Tag filter. Does that ring any bells?

Last edited: