multiple workstations running same robots script - will this lock processing to 1 table?

ricob

Hello, All.

Can the same Blue Prism robot run on multiple workstations at the same time?
We are trying to confirm if both robot scripts will be able to access a single source table for data (since each script will be running for a different region - meaning they should not be extracting the same data - just the same target table)

A couple of questions here:
  • Can the queue list handle this? This would mean that there might be 2 locked items for processing in the queue right? I have not seen any case with that yet. Is this possible?
  • This should also mean that every methods that uses the queue should be locked and unlocked right?

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @ricob

The same Blue Prism robot (Resource PC) cannot run on multiple workstations. Each robot needs to be configured as a separate Resource PC.

When you mention 'single source table' - do you mean a database table (i.e. SQL / Oracle etc) or do you mean a Work Queue? Either way, yes one queue can handle multiple automations / processes accessing data from within it. Just like you've mentioned, you'll see 2 locked items in the queue.

With regards to your second point, yes - for each item you lock, you would either mark it as complete or mark it as exception. Or, you could unlock each item for further use in your process - depending on it's rules and design.

I hope this helps :)