Navigate URL in BP object studio

Rahulkumar07

Can someone explain how to navigate the particular URL screen with BP object ? I tried to use navigate stage and linked the parent element but i cannot find the navigate stage ( attached the screenshot)

i read the BP browser automation guide but no clear explanation on the navigate URL stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment BP error.PNG

VJR

Hi Rahulkumar07,

How does the Application Modeller look like? What is the 'IBM Watson NLU API Explorer' root element?
Also open up the dropdown and share what all actions are visible.

Rahulkumar07

Hi, the IBM Watson NLU API Explorer is the root element. Attached the screenshot of the application modeler. Also Attached the screenshots of actions available for root element in navigate stage.

please have a look and let me know if i am in a right way ?

Attachments

• BP app modeler.PNG
    124.9 KB · Views: 359
  • BP actions.png
    13 KB · Views: 325

VJR

Hi, the IBM Watson NLU API Explorer is the root element. Attached the screenshot of the application modeler. Also Attached the screenshots of actions available for root element in navigate stage.

please have a look and let me know if i am in a right way ?
Hi Rahulkumar07,

Since the screenshot of the Application Modeller shows that you are trying to open it through Chrome and at least the previous versions of Blue Prism does not support Chrome. Not sure which version you are using.

But IE does definitely have the Navigate action in the Navigate stage.
Refer the first screenshot in Post #4 in this link.

Azzou75

I made a loop at the process level with different URLs that I want to use.
The Action in Object level has an input which is the URL, inside the action I used Global Send Keys
The idea is to launch internet explorer, navigate to adress bar (Ctrl+L), delete what was there (Press DELETE) , put the URL that you search for, press Enter.
* Launch
* Global Send Keys Event = "<{CTRL}l>{CTRL}"
* Global Send Keys Event = "{DEL}"
* Global Send Keys =
* Global Send Keys Event = "{ENTER}"
then you can continue other actions at process level

I hope that would help :)

LeoLugo

If your version of BP works with Chrome you can do what I did.

1. I passed the destination URL from the process down to the Object
2. In the Launch action I provided the destination URL in the "CommandLineParams" input.

This will cause Chrome to navigate to the provided url when first opened.
FYI Chrome doesn't have a navigate action in the same way IE does.

Just to be clear, if you go back to the place where you took the screenshot at the bottom of that window you should see an "Inputs" section. Enter the URL in the "CommandLineParams" field.

antonbotha

Using Version 6.9 and also no navigation in Chrome. Now the issue is fewer and fewer websites code for IE and specifically ask you to use Chrome. What now?