No elements match the supplied query items.

Jitendra

Hello,

Am sure, am missing out on something simple but I will take it as part of my learning curve.

Often am getting this message "No elements match the supplied query items" even though I have spied the element successfully and ran the process multiple times.

Any pointers what I might be missing on?

Thank you,
Jitendra

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
@Jitendra I've recommend re-spying the element as a seperate item in the application modeller and then comparing the attributes.

If you're using a web application, it's likely the path, class name or ID may have changed.
If you're using a windows application, the parent ordinal or ordinal may have changed.

The application modeller is a bit of an art, it takes experience to know what works well with each application. In the early days it's trial and error.

Mel

Hi,

As a new developer also, this is very interesting to me, I am having trouble with pop up windows, are there any tips specific to those? In the pop up there could be images but could have none, the pop up could be all sorts of sizes and it’s proving difficult to get consistent results.

Sorry to hijack but this is so relevant to me right now, learning said art of the app modeller!

Will of course take all the above posts into account, thank you :)

tgundhus

Hello,

Am sure, am missing out on something simple but I will take it as part of my learning curve.

Often am getting this message "No elements match the supplied query items" even though I have spied the element successfully and ran the process multiple times.

Any pointers what I might be missing on?

Thank you,
Jitendra

As previously asked by @adebroise, what kind of application are you spying? is it a browser-based, win32 or java application?
Could you please post all parameters used for spying the element? The ancestry count, ordinal, or parent ordinal may have changed indeed, but we will need to know your match criterias and application type in order to help you correctly.

Hi,

As a new developer also, this is very interesting to me, I am having trouble with pop up windows, are there any tips specific to those? In the pop up there could be images but could have none, the pop up could be all sorts of sizes and it’s proving difficult to get consistent results.

Sorry to hijack but this is so relevant to me right now, learning said art of the app modeller!

Will of course take all the above posts into account, thank you :)

What kind of popups are we talking about? Some popups are run by windows (explorer process) and others by ie / chrome.

Jitendra

Apologies for the late response - was on Christmas break. I have lost access to the client system that I was working on; will try to simulate the similar scenario but not entirely sure of it.
Thank you for all your responses - I will keep this thread open till Mel's query gets addressed.

Have a great year ahead everybody!

renxintong

@Jitendra I've recommend re-spying the element as a seperate item in the application modeller and then comparing the attributes.

If you're using a web application, it's likely the path, class name or ID may have changed.
If you're using a windows application, the parent ordinal or ordinal may have changed.

The application modeller is a bit of an art, it takes experience to know what works well with each application. In the early days it's trial and error.
Hi,
You mentioned here that sometime the id of an HTML element is dynamic. How would you handle this situation? For example i'm trying to go to a secondary menu from a drop down list, however, the navigation works the first time but never work again unless I re-identify it. 1525808094667.png
I found out that the id number is changing every time reload the page.
Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

MariaBojova

I am experiencing the same problem. In object studio everything runs smoothly, but once I run it in Process studio I get that error message too. I am working with Adobe Reader and it is not able to match element there. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot

I am trying to spy a form in IE. Though I am able to spy it, it doesn't work, showing " Error - Highlighting results - No elements match the supplied query terms" .

bharath009

No elements match the supplied query items.
Hi All,
I got this error Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Click_Checkout' on page 'Product_details_page' - No elements match the supplied query terms .
I am trying to spy a button in pop-up window but not working when i run from process studio . There is no parent ids selected and no blank ids selected .Can any one help me on this ?

Justin Nguyen

Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Navigate Stage 'Click More Information' on page 'Launch' - No elements match the supplied query terms
But it still works well in Object Studio. And an error when entering Process calls it ..

Attachments

• Failed to perfomom step.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Object Launch web page.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 111

tiger19

Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Navigate Stage 'Click More Information' on page 'Launch' - No elements match the supplied query terms
But it still works well in Object Studio. And an error when entering Process calls it ..

Hi, may i know how you solve it?