Open Workbook (Excel) can't open it because of Exception (see below the details)

MichaelKro

Thats the message what i get if i am starting my process. I attached also a screenshot.
Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Please help me out by that problem! Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Fail.png
    72 KB · Views: 117
  • properties.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 103

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi,

Are you sure that the filepath is correct with extension of the file you want to open,
as am unable to see the full filepath in the attachment.

VJR

Hi MichaelKro,

Also check if the same is happening with every Excel file or just this one.

MichaelKro

I tried recently so many things out, i changed the path a couple of times and created also new Excle sheets but nothing helped.

I read in reddit that it could be a mismatch between the office language and the regional settings.
Is that right? is that possible to?

I also attached the full path.

Attachments

• path.png
    28 KB · Views: 67

VJR

Hi MichaelKro,

Now that you have confirmed that the same issue is with other Excel files too, I suggest you to run the same file from someone else's machine.

MichaelKro

Hi VJR,
yes i tried that and on other machines is it working but that case should run on my machine. So what could it be?

VJR

Hi MichaelKro,

If the Excel files are working fine on other machines there is something wrong with the settings on your machine or something related to Excel set up or registry information or .net setup or even anything else.
This error is not related to one problem and it also occurs for people outside of Excel.
Unless someone is facing the same error, a solution can't be suggested.
So I suggest you to do a web search on "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" and find the accurate solution pertaining to just your problem by trying out the various suggested methods and post back what you find out.

vandede

Hi MichaelKro,

I could not open your error message image, since it was blocked by my company's firewall. But from your description I assume you are receiving the following error: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"?

I also came across this when working on the Virtual Desktops, which gave me the internal windows error: "Old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028018 (TYPE_E_INVDATAREAD))"

As VJR said above it does have to do with the Excel settings. All I had to doo to fix it was change the Display Language in Excel (Excel>File>options>Language) and change the display language from adapting to the windows language to the language with which the MS Office was installed in the first place.

I hope this helps.

Hey guys try to open Excel manually then you will see it may be asking for repair because of compatibility issue... So if you click yes then save it then try to open in Blueprism it will work.