OpenOutlook Using Code Stage

KPrasanth9

Hi Team,

I am trying to Open the Outlook by running the ExcelMacro, but i would like to Open the Outlook Directly using the Code Stage.

I have tried to Give the same code which i have provided in the Excel Macro into the Code Stage but it's not working for me could you guys please help me with your suggestion for the Resolution.

I haven't Passed any arguments in the Code Stage, i think it might be an issue but not sure what arguments should i pass to this , also please suggest if i need to do anything for this

Macro code Used :
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oShell.Run "Outlook"

Regards,
Prasanth

Attachments

• CodeStage.PNG
    CodeStage.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 29
  • OutlookError.PNG
    OutlookError.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 26

VJR

Hi KPrasanth9,

Is there a specific reason you would like to open Outlook through the code stage.
You can use the Start Process which opens any exe file.

1525947042166.png

If you still want to open it from the Code stage then open the Code stage of the 'Start Process' action where you will find the code for it.

KPrasanth9

Thanks for the response :)

But how can i check if outlook application is alteady launched or not ?

It's giving another instance can i resolve that using arguments if so what aegument can i pass to check that

Regards,
Prasanth

VJR

Hi KPrasanth9,

This is not mentioned in the original post. It is not clear of your full requirements. Do elaborate your complete requirements from start to end and what are you trying to achieve.

KPrasanth9

Hi VJR,

I thought there is no inbuilt VBO for opening Outlook and i would like to use code stage to Open outlook, as you suggested the VBO to Open outlook i would like to know if we can check if any Outlook instance is already existing or not before opening

Hence i would like to know if we can resolve the issue by passing any arguments to the start stage?

Regards,
Prasanth

VJR

Hi Prasanth,

Refer the Process Exists action of Utility General to see if it serves your purpose.

jassi_123

Hello Team,

I have a Outlook email template which I use to send email to multiple receipients.

Can someone please tell me how to open outlook email template via Blueprism?