Please help in scenario based question..!

Jay Rawat

Let's say we created a process in process studio and sending an input parameter to object studio, where we are launching a web application in that application there is some information which we fill and click on Button.

sometime Bot click on the button and sometime not. What should be a right approach to do it.

gil.silva

You should have retry logic in the process layer.
If your object fails to execute an action due to a system exception, it should repeat the steps.
You can see an example in the attachment. It's important to have a Retry Limit, otherwise, the robot can create an infinite loop.

Attachments

• a.png
    23 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Jay Rawat

Thank You so much Gil..! Fantastic Example you showed.
One more i do have, Please help in this as well.

How can we use System exception and Business Exception in application?

gil.silva

System Exceptions - exceptions caused by system-based events: application crashes, button/window can't be found, etc..
Business Exceptions - exception created by the RPA Developer when the business rules that exist in a process are broken. Example: Field to insert the AGE should be an integer bigger than zero. If a negative number is inserted -> business exception.

The System Exceptions are ALWAYS generated in the Object Studio (since it's the layer where the robot deals with the application).
You should have a conditional wait stage, with the element that you want to click/interact. If the element can't be found, so System Exception (insert the Exception stage).

The Business Exceptions are ALWAYS generated in the Process Studio. Using my previous example, you would have a decision stage to check if the inserted age is bigger than zero, if true -> continue, if false -> business exception.

Hope it's clear. Good luck

Patnaik14

Nice explanation Gil...
So it's not a good practice to use Business Exception in Object Studio ?
& should we not use Exception in Main Page of process studio ?

Thank you.

gil.silva

If you're using good logic, it's not 'possible' to have business exceptions in the Object Studio. In this layer, you're only interacting with the application, all the rules/calculations/decisions should be done in the process layer.

Also, it's not a good practice to have exceptions in the Main Page, there you should have a high-level view of your process flow with several pages doing your actions.

Patnaik14

Thanks Gil for such a nice clarification.
I need one more clarification on Code Stage.
What & all topics need to cover in VB.Net to be good in Code Stage.

Thank you.

gil.silva

Thanks Gil for such a nice clarification.
I need one more clarification on Code Stage.
What & all topics need to cover in VB.Net to be good in Code Stage.

Thank you.
I'm not sure if I understood your question.
You can use VB.net/C# to code in BP, if you have the knowledge to do it. If you want to cover the Excel/Outlook actions, you can check some online course to learn VBA.