Pop ups on SAP

Ismael

Hi all,

We are facing this issue as well.
The biggest problem is that BP get's stuck in the navigate stage and doesn't move until someone manually clicks since BP is waiting for SAP server reply.

Hi all, im facing the same issue, what i did to fix this by now (which i think is not a good solution) is that i put between each step of the automation either a read or a write or a press button a detach and an attach of the sap application, and a wait of 1 second between this 2 components. The reason for this is that i tested and find that when the process was not giving SAP too much instructions and commands this pop up never appeared.
BUT this is not the best solution of course, but you can give it a shot
Andres

The solution arodriguezm is providing will probably work since I believe the main problem is that SAP is doing a query to a database that gets busy because the automations are faster than humans so the system is not optimized for it and the query fails.
But we can't decrease the performance so much because of an un-responsive SAP database.

We don't have BP 6 yet but I saw that there is a global timeout there for stages that are not responding. I did not try yet so I can't confirm that it works as I think it does. Are you guys using BP 6?

If someone has a solution will be much appreciate! :)

wjackowiak

Hi,
I have had a similar issue with "Server Busy" in SAP.
In my case, the problem was, that SAP worked in background and the server refused to take command from BP.

I solved the issue using Code Stage and checking if SAP is busy or not.
Rgrds,
L

Could you please share your Code Stage wildCat?

Nandhu_Rajesh

Hi,
In my case, the problem was, that SAP worked in background and the server refused to take command from BP.

Rgrds,
L

Can you share the code

Uthaiah

Hi All, Im encountering an issue in SAP while loading the order in system. there is a window pop's up where we need to click on enter button. So it depends on the opportunity, as few order need single click and few orders might need 3-4 clicks (on the same button). how do I sort this? pls help

Attachments

• Window.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 55

boulay

I would think a loop over a decision stage would get you there.

Decision stage: Wait property - check if window exists as shown in image

View attachment decisionstageWait.jpg

If it exists > action stage (Center Click checkmark). Then, Loop through decision again.
If decision stage = window does not exist, you're done.

if your issue is related to clicking the checkmark button, thats different issue. let me know

Uthaiah

I would think a loop over a decision stage would get you there.

Decision stage: Wait property - check if window exists as shown in image

View attachment 2649

If it exists > action stage (Center Click checkmark). Then, Loop through decision again.
If decision stage = window does not exist, you're done.

if your issue is related to clicking the checkmark button, thats different issue. let me know
Yes, My issues is related to checkmark the button. Pls help

Uthaiah

Is the problem that the button is moving? or are you unable to spy the checkmark button and send a global click to it?
Apologize, I misunderstood your qes. i think the 1st Option should work by identifying the window then Loop through decision, as the number of clicks would be different from one order process to an other. Thank you..:)

vijayakumarvka

Although this is not a Blue Prism error, we suggest trying the following options to resolve your issue:

• Use the Global Application Modeller Timeout feature to regain control - This will require additional error handling within your Process to deal with this occurrence.
  • Create a "monitor" Process and new Object to interact with the message - Use Surface Automation techniques (Region Mode spying, sending keystrokes) to detect the appearance of the screen, and then send keys to the buttons to interact with them. A Process would run at regular intervals to use that Object to detect the appearance of the screen.
  • Resolve the SAP Server performance issue - Explore other known causes for the SAP error/dialog and see if any of them help you resolve it. Contact your SAP support team to find a solution to preventing the error/dialog from appearing.
What is the Application Modeller's Global Timeout feature?

Generally, when applications fail to respond it may be possible to take control back by using the Application Modeller's Global Timeout feature:
attachment

This feature can be implemented using any External Application Manager mode (e.g. "External, 32 bit mode" or "External, 64-bit mode"). The timeout will react to unresponsiveness when Blue Prism is using a Read, Write or Navigate stage.
If the target application becomes unresponsive for a defined period of time, then you can handle that as an exception within your Process and react accordingly.
This feature was introduced in version 5.0.24 specifically to cater for this type of problem.

Cher

Hi,

Rgrds,
L

Can you please share the code?

Hello guys its the problem if you want to close SAP and some instance is not closed then this will appear so Always kill the SAP process before log in again. So this will not appear.
So in log off page you should put one kill process which will close all the instance from back end.

udaychkumar

Hi,

Rgrds,
L

Hi L,

Can you please provide the code snippet if possible? If you feel uncomfortable to share in this Post, can you please email me on my personal email udaychkumar@gmail.com

Thanks,
Udaya

Last edited:
Although this is not a Blue Prism error, we suggest trying the following options to resolve your issue:

• Use the Global Application Modeller Timeout feature to regain control - This will require additional error handling within your Process to deal with this occurrence.
  • Create a "monitor" Process and new Object to interact with the message - Use Surface Automation techniques (Region Mode spying, sending keystrokes) to detect the appearance of the screen, and then send keys to the buttons to interact with them. A Process would run at regular intervals to use that Object to detect the appearance of the screen.
  • Resolve the SAP Server performance issue - Explore other known causes for the SAP error/dialog and see if any of them help you resolve it. Contact your SAP support team to find a solution to preventing the error/dialog from appearing.
What is the Application Modeller's Global Timeout feature?

Generally, when applications fail to respond it may be possible to take control back by using the Application Modeller's Global Timeout feature:
attachment

This feature can be implemented using any External Application Manager mode (e.g. "External, 32 bit mode" or "External, 64-bit mode"). The timeout will react to unresponsiveness when Blue Prism is using a Read, Write or Navigate stage.
If the target application becomes unresponsive for a defined period of time, then you can handle that as an exception within your Process and react accordingly.
This feature was introduced in version 5.0.24 specifically to cater for this type of problem.

Hi Vijay - we tried setting the value in Timeout feature of Application modeller, but still BP is not throwing exception when SAP was getting the server busy pop up. Can you please assist

Hi,

Rgrds,
L
Can you please provide code to handle this issue