growler

Hi all,

I have a process p1 in which I am calling another process p2 in which I am again calling P3 process. The run mode of p1 is foreground, p2 is exclusive and p3 is a background process. Now what will happen if I try to run mutiple instances of p1?

VJR

Hi growler,

The order of importance is Exclusive -> Foreground -> Background which determines which mode is given to the process. A good idea would be practically running the process, actually seeing its behaviour and then noting down your observations here.

growler

So Exclusive takes the precedence no matter what, incase the process is not exclusive and it is calling an exclusive process within , the precedence of the native process will be changed to upper most. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

VJR

Hi growler,

The Run Modes are on an Object level. So if one Process has multiple Objects of multiple run modes then in that case if one of them is Exclusive then the process becomes Exclusive. But the scenario you mentioned is a bit different - it is 3 different process with 3 different run modes and one calls the another. So it is worth observing its behaviour when Process 2 takes over after being called by Process 1 and then when Process 3 takes over again after being called by from Process 2. Meaning - does the precedence take over depending on the calling process (P1:Foreground or P2:Exclusive) OR on the process that is currently running.

growler

I ran following scenarios:
1) p1:foreground, contains p2, p2 contains p3:exclusive, no other process could not be run with p1, suggesting it is of exclusive nature.
2)all processes are exclusive, could not run multiple processes suggesting sub processes are not affected by the precedence.
2)p1: background, contains p2: foreground, p3:exclusive, no other process could be run with p1, again suggesting it is of exclusive nature.
3)p1: background, contains p2 and p3, both are background, no other process could run.
4)p1:foreground, contains p2 and p3 both background, only background processes could be run along with p1.

I think master process automatically takes the highest precedence of the sub processes.

aditya3796

Hi Guys,
I have 2 process p1 and p2.
p1 contains one background object whereas p2 contains one foreground object.
Now technically i should be able to run both p1 and p2 on single resource at the same time but I am getting resource busy error,Please help

suhasdhongade

Hi Guys,
I have 2 process p1 and p2.
p1 contains one background object whereas p2 contains one foreground object.
Now technically i should be able to run both p1 and p2 on single resource at the same time but I am getting resource busy error,Please help
Did you get any luck on this?

I am in similar situation