Process stuck on "Excel is waiting for an OLE action to finish" when executing macro

michalides

Hi guys,

I have a process scheduled to run every 30 min which uses a macro to query a SQL entry from database. Yesterday I got unexpectedly an error "Excel is waiting for an OLE action to finish" From what I googled it looks like "Object Linking and Embedding action" is pending with another program (most probably the db) which caused my robot to stuck on this stage the whole night (as seen below).

View attachment 1543398487637.png

Only after I clicked OK the process moved to another stage and as you can see it was stuck on that Run Billing Macro action for 17 hours.

View attachment 1543398373052.png

Looks like this is thing which doesn't resolve to an exception but is just pending forever instead.

My question: Do you have any idea how to handle this inside the process if this OLE window pops up again so the process don't get stuck on this action?

I already did some things which might help to prevent the window to pop up but I need to be handle it somehow when it pops up.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

sivagelli

This is not a solution to the problem statement, however wanted to check.

...which uses a macro to query a SQL entry from database
Can macro be replaced with direct connection to database using either OLEDB VBO or SQL Server VBO? Incase of SQL Server, you have a timeout which if exceeded can trigger a exception.

michalides

hi sivagelli, thanks for your response. in a fact I'm already trying to call the SQL query via an internal object which uses timeout so let's hope that will work.