Question about MS Excel VBO - Copy and Paste Worksheet Range

Ankita16

Hi VJR,
How I merge two different excel sheets in one excel but sheets will be different without using collection

Manikanta

want to copy data from one sheet having different range for copying data and paste it into new workbooks
hi @varsha kanthikar
U want to copy data from 1 worksheet to transfer it to other workbooks right.
U can go with copy and paste get worksheet range as collection.
Then u can paste in different workbooks by giving corerct handles and workbook names in get worksheet range as collection action.

Malligai

Hi @rickjh123

You shouldn't need handle 2 to complete this operation. You should be able to open both Workbooks under handle 1. Note that the "Create Instance" action outputs the handle for me, rather than me having to assume the number. Here's how I did it:

View attachment 94

View attachment 95

The "invalid index" message seems to appear when you set the full file path/name as the Source/Destination Workbook. In my example, when I used [File1] as the Source and [File2] as the Destination, I got the index error. When I amended these to the actual Workbook name (Tech.xls and Tech2.xls), I no longer received the error.

Hope this helps.
Rob :)

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the details, I have replicate the same which you have done. But when am opening the Workbook, its
Hi @rickjh123

You shouldn't need handle 2 to complete this operation. You should be able to open both Workbooks under handle 1. Note that the "Create Instance" action outputs the handle for me, rather than me having to assume the number. Here's how I did it:

View attachment 94

View attachment 95

The "invalid index" message seems to appear when you set the full file path/name as the Source/Destination Workbook. In my example, when I used [File1] as the Source and [File2] as the Destination, I got the index error. When I amended these to the actual Workbook name (Tech.xls and Tech2.xls), I no longer received the error.

Hope this helps.
Rob :)

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the details. I have replicate the same which you have shown here. But when am opening the Excel (it is .MHTML format) having 38000 of records. Its taking more time nearly 1 min, after its not pasting the data in the destination file. Its not showing any errors, but when open the destination file, nothing is there. (i have tried with copying 2 rows data only).

Am not sure this is happening bcoz of ".MHTML to .xls" convertion.

Can you please help me.

GatesV

I just tried this, but I got "Failed to copy worksheet: The given key was not present in the dictionary."
Have you used two different VBOs for Excel? Perhaps the regular VBO and an Extended VBO you created? That's the message you would get in the case that, for example, you create the Excel instance with an Excel VBO and then Open a workbook with a different Excel VBO.

GatesV

Thanks so much, I will try this out. Only using one handle will hopefully resolve the issue - I didn't realize that!
That's correct. You should only use one handle. Both files need to be opened within the same handle for the Copy Paste to work.

luksim

Hi guys,

@VJR @amanbareilly
I am trying to copy paste worksheet range in the same Workbook, but into different worksheet and I keep getting same error:
Exception : Failed to copy worksheet: Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

May you know what could be wrong with that?
View attachment 1587468559902.png

pearljam83

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the details, I have replicate the same which you have done. But when am opening the Workbook, its

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the details. I have replicate the same which you have shown here. But when am opening the Excel (it is .MHTML format) having 38000 of records. Its taking more time nearly 1 min, after its not pasting the data in the destination file. Its not showing any errors, but when open the destination file, nothing is there. (i have tried with copying 2 rows data only).

Am not sure this is happening bcoz of ".MHTML to .xls" convertion.

Can you please help me.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm facing the same problem.