Question on modified Blue prism template Stop decision of the main page?

harish17

Is it a good design to stop the process at the occurence of first system or internal exception are should the process mark the item as exception and pick up the next one.

VJR

Is it a good design to stop the process at the occurence of first system or internal exception are should the process mark the item as exception and pick up the next one.
The template for this purpose is designed in such a way so that if the System exception occurs X number of times it is recommended to stop and not continue further so that those items are handled manually. So regarding your question, generally when a system is closed and restarted, the exceptions do not occur the next time. The diagram should have a close and restart page say for 3 times for eg, and even then if the same exception keeps on occurring then it means it is time to stop and look at it manually. So, one time seems to be a low figure but it all depends on how critical the work cases are and how often are the chances for the system exceptions to occur on that particular system.

CamiCat

Hi camicat,

There is a process templates available in portal you can download from blueprism portal
Hello @harish17 ,

in which section of the BluePrism portal can I find the process template?
IN case I cannot find it, can you please it with me?
It would be a great help for me.
Thank you so much,
Cami :)

CamiCat

The template for this purpose is designed in such a way so that if the System exception occurs X number of times it is recommended to stop and not continue further so that those items are handled manually. So regarding your question, generally when a system is closed and restarted, the exceptions do not occur the next time. The diagram should have a close and restart page say for 3 times for eg, and even then if the same exception keeps on occurring then it means it is time to stop and look at it manually. So, one time seems to be a low figure but it all depends on how critical the work cases are and how often are the chances for the system exceptions to occur on that particular system.
Hello @VJR .
Good to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your advice.
How is it possible to set the diagram in such a way that it closes and restarts page for 3 times for eg, and even then if the same exception keeps on occurring then it means it is time to stop and look at it manually ?
CAn you share with me the screenshots?
thank you so much,

harish17

Thank you VJR

harish17

Hello @harish17 ,

in which section of the BluePrism portal can I find the process template?
IN case I cannot find it, can you please it with me?
It would be a great help for me.
Thank you so much,
Hi camicat,

In blue prism portal under learning> guides>blueprism -solution design overview In that document you will find the main page diagram there you can see the stop decision

Go through that document read as many as you can till you understand ..In that document they explained all of your questions.