Solved Queue Deferring and Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Hi folks,

I am having a difficult time wrapping my head around deferring items in a queue and looking for some guidance.
Currently, I am loading a class schedule to a work queue. My process then looks at each class to see if the class has started or not (complete or exception). However, if the local time is not within an hour of the class start time I need to defer the processing of that item. When I defer the item it updates the queue with the UTC time (for me 6 hours behind local time). So my question is, do I need to adjust my process logic to UTC so that the queue pics up the deferred item at the correct time? Or can I continue to use local time?

Secondary question. After deferring the item my get next stage then pulls the item I just deferred. I'm thinking this is because the process is currently deferring to a past time. Thoughts?

VJR

Hi Adrian,

Yes you are right. Blue Prism takes the input in UTC time but displays it in the local time in the Work Queue. So you need to handle that accordingly.
Take a look at the below video.

I guess if you handle the timings in the first issue, the second issue may get automatically resolved.

Adrian

@anisjolly , you can mark this issue as resolved. While waiting for a response to my original post, I spoke with a Blue Prism rep. They confirmed @VJR 's response as well as provided a support doc (called: Date and Time Handling) that speaks to best practices for the version of BP you are running.

I appreciate the help!
-A

Status
Not open for further replies.