Remove time details collection

Uthaiah

Hi All,

I am running a billing report through QMF query which has date (no time) along with other details, however in the collection results has date with time (default time in all the rows). How can i remove the time from collections and help me to understand, how / why time is appearing in my collection values when I have put only date in my query. Pls help.

VJR

Hi Uthaiah,

Looks like the column in the Collection is of type DateTime which will have to be modified to just Date.
If it is an undefined collection then identify the reason why the collection is automatically taking as Datetime datatype.
Is it because the datatype of the column in the database is DateTime? Or can the column in the query be explicitly formatted to date (even though it is "displaying" as only date)?

Uthaiah

Hi VJ, thanks for your response
the query has only date format because, when I pull the report manually with the same query I get only date. Data type also only Date.
Really not sure how collection is taking datetime which is default "6:30:00 PM" for all the entries. Could you help how can I modify the collection to only date?

VJR

Hi Uthaiah,

In your diagram keep an empty collection with exactly the same name and number of columns as the way it is returned from the query. The only difference will be that the data type of the datetime column in the collection will be set to Date. Pass this collection to the output parameter of the stage where you are getting the query results (the drag and drop).
Are you able to do this?