Solved Rename a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinabir94

Hi guys!

I was wondering which is the best and fastest way to rename a file in Windows using Blue Prism. So as far as I know there are 2 ways:

1. Clicking twice on the file name with a slight delay on the second click and writing the New File Name.
2. Clicking with the right button of the mouse on the file and selecting the option "Rename" from the Combo Box.

However I have issues when trying any of them. Has anyone done such action succesfully and can help me?

Thanks!
Marina

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi Marina!

There is a Utility Business Object called File Management. In there is an action called Move File. If you set the Destination Path to include the new file name you'd like, it will rename the file. As follows:

1509644542205.png

This simply renames rob.txt as rob2.txt and keeps it in the same location.

Hope this helps!
Rob :)

cs.andras

Hi Marina,
Alternatively, if you wish to do it through the GUI for some reason, you can send F2 using a Navigate stage (F2 is the shortcut key for renaming almost anything in Windows) and just type/send the new name of the file.
Regards,
Andras

marinabir94

Hi Marina!

There is a Utility Business Object called File Management. In there is an action called Move File. If you set the Destination Path to include the new file name you'd like, it will rename the file. As follows:

View attachment 5

This simply renames rob.txt as rob2.txt and keeps it in the same location.

Hope this helps!
Rob :)

Thanks! That has worked perfectly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.