resource goes idle while process is running

rgillam2

Greetings! We have noticed that while watching processes in the Control Room in Blue Prism, that sometimes they go from a "working" state to an "idle" state while the process is running. We're not sure if this causes any issues, most of the time the process continues to run and the resources goes back to "working" state. I'd like to see if others experience this, and if it's ok or not? Is it something we need to attempt to resolve, and if so, what needs to be looked at ? Our processes run in a virtual environment.

Thank you,
Robert

Pete_L

Idle state means no process is running on the resource. You may see the resource go to idle state for a few seconds between tasks in a schedule, but if your process is not running on a schedule and this is happening, I would recommend that you work with your Blue Prism SQL Server admin and your BP Architect to investigate. I am neither a SQL Server admin nor an architect, so I cannot give any advice as to what to look for, but what you describe is odd and should be looked into.

rgillam2

Idle state means no process is running on the resource. You may see the resource go to idle state for a few seconds between tasks in a schedule, but if your process is not running on a schedule and this is happening, I would recommend that you work with your Blue Prism SQL Server admin and your BP Architect to investigate. I am neither a SQL Server admin nor an architect, so I cannot give any advice as to what to look for, but what you describe is odd and should be looked into.

That's just it - we know it goes idle between processes, but this is happening while a process is actively running. We will reach out to our SQL Server team to see what they think. Thakns.