Solved Retrieving value from a collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russygrl

Hi Team hope all is well!!! I have a Collections question. i know when we create collections we can name fields with initial values and we can use any of those fields by calling [name of the collections.field]. I used the String Utility and used the Split Text action, the result was stored in a collection called Split Values. When I opened the collection , under the Current Values tab, I see the text that is split. The value i want to retrieve is in the second row. How should I set the syntax in the expression since there are no named fields? I tried using [SplitValues.2] and that doesn't work. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

VJR

Hi Russygrl,

Refer the attached screenshots.
1. The column name that you specify in the 'Collection Field Name' parameter (yellow highlighted) will be your Field Name in the Output collection.

2. Sample input string with "=" delimiter to split

3. You can use the 'Read collection field' action to read the specified row. Its starts from 0.

4. On running the process, the output data item will show as "string2" which is on the 2nd row of the collection.

Attachments

• 1. Column name in Split text.JPG
    1. Column name in Split text.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,308
  • 2. InputString.JPG
    2. InputString.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 3. Read specified row.JPG
    3. Read specified row.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 4. Output value.JPG
    4. Output value.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,124

Russygrl

OH my goodness VJ you are awesome!!!! I love you guys, this site is awesome:D Can i donate to this site, I don't want you guys to go away!!!
It flipping worked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.