Retry once per day for 7 days (no exception)

drubiano

Hi, so this is the scenario:
I populate a Work Queue with invoices each day (each invoices is a single case)
When handling one case, there is a point where it's not finished (example, delivery order aren't shown yet), in this case i wan't to retry this one tomorrow again to check if the delivery order is done (so no exception or completion yet) and i want to retry this up to 7 times /days. I'am thinking of some combination with deferred / tags /status.

VJR

When handling one case, there is a point where it's not finished (example, delivery order aren't shown yet), in this case i wan't to retry this one tomorrow again to check if the delivery order is done (so no exception or completion yet) and i want to retry this up to 7 times /days. I'am thinking of some combination with deferred / tags /status.
There are multiple ways to do this. You can simply maintain a numeric count in the Status column as 1 to 7 for each day or until you get the delivery order.

As VJR says, you could defer the item by 24 hours (or whatever fits into your schedule) until it can be finished. Maintain the count in the status column or you could do it in the item data. Status better as then it is visible from Control Room.

drubiano

As VJR says, you could defer the item by 24 hours (or whatever fits into your schedule) until it can be finished. Maintain the count in the status column or you could do it in the item data. Status better as then it is visible from Control Room.

How could the defer +24h look like? I guess I’ll need to update the status with a calc stage (status+1) and defer the item and also release the lock to put it back to the queue, anything else / tip you got?

drubiano

This was the solution i came up with:
Subpage Defer item (se picture "defer item 24h")
After this page i get to "subpage 1" where I have a decision stage [current item status]>7,
True = Business Exception.
False = Proceed to Main page without marking the item (as deferring an item puts it back to the Work Queue as pending) and i can continue with the next item.

Attachments

• defer item 24h.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 49
  • main page.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Subpage 1.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 28
How could the defer +24h look like? I guess I’ll need to update the status with a calc stage (status+1) and defer the item and also release the lock to put it back to the queue, anything else / tip you got?
Calc stage to build the text you want in the status, then Update Status action, then defer item action. You don't need to unlock an item after using Defer Item. For the defer you could set the parameter Until as Now()+[Defer Period] where you set your desired defer period in the data item. Perhaps that could be a session/environment variable depending on your requirements.

For the Status you could set something like "[Number of days] days elapsed" and have a decision stage to check if 7 days have elapsed. You could InStr or some other string function to search for 7 within the status and then do whatever you need.