Robot Task Manager

Baranov Alexei

Hello all!
Can we make in BP a robot, who read (file or sql table with PROCESSES NAME and PROPERTIES in RECORDS) and start this PROCESS on another ROBOT ?

VJR

Hi Baranov Alexei,

You want to read a SQL table that already has the process name and properties in the records of the table. Is this a correct understanding of your question?
If yes you can create an Object by making make use of the 'Data - SQL Server' VBO and call this object from a process.

Baranov Alexei

Hello VJR!
I have 10 ROBOTS ( License of BP)
1st robot i think must read EMAIL of tasks 24x7 and make PROCESSES REGISTRY, 2nd ROBOT WATCHING LOAD 24x7 of 8 ROBOTS.
IF 2nd robot see 1 free of 8, he read PROCESS REGISTRY and SEND THE RIGHT PROCESS IN REGISTRY to him.
then FREE ROBOT loading PROCESS and DO IT.

VJR

Hi Baranov,

Can you check the below and confirm if this is the correct flow what you are looking for?
Can you correct if something is stated incorrectly?

1) ROBOT 1 -> i] Read Email of tasks 24x7 and
ii] Create Process Registry (may be an Excel file?) which contains the list of Process Names (say Process A, Process B).

2) ROBOT 2 -> Keep a watch on the Load of 8 other robots 24x7

3) If ROBOT 2 finds one of the other 8 robots (say ROBOT 5) free, then
i] it Reads the Process Registry and
ii] it Sends Process A to ROBOT 5

4) Then ROBOT 5 runs Process A

Which Step No. from the above do you have a doubt on how to do?

VJR

Hi Baranov,

I haven't worked on multi bots anytime. But I can suggest you with a few tips and some resources on the same.
  • Read Emails - Can be done in BP
  • Read and Write to Excel File - Can be done in BP
  • Run a Process from another Process - Can be done in BP
  • Regarding the setup and Multi bot Architecture I will suggest you to take a look at the below
- Videos from 32 to 35 of the below link